Notices

Oh How fast its gone

Old 08-19-2015, 12:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oh How fast its gone

Hey everyone , just checking in to write down my progress report ( I know its short but it'd good to vent what buildup occurred)

So today is day 8, feeling quite OK and relaxed. I don't think the serious cravings have hit, although I have about 5 cravings a day so what I do is I put $5 into my savings bank account every craving, hell, the way I see it if iam gonna be getting cravings, I might as well be getting paid for it.

So far I've noticed a change in sleep, a new drive in the gym, and .. (Unexpected) a change in body odor!!

Although it's only 8 days, it feels like eternity since I drank, yet the time had gone quick and my body does feel like it has been cut off from something. It's harder to fall asleep, but my sleep is deeper and I have more energy.

So here's a thanks for reading, and I wish you allll luck with your journeys. Iam progressing onto day 9 tomorrow smelling better than ever
Old 08-19-2015, 12:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Thanks for this! The first few days of sobriety can be really eye-opening as to how much alcohol was really affecting us. Everything from realizing we had been operating for years in a state of near exhaustion, to dulled senses, to that sour smell and booze breath, to being permanently bloated... It can be quite a long list of changes!
Old 08-19-2015, 12:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Congratulations on 8 days! It may not be long , but the first few days are often the hardest. Keep going, and give some thought to when you start relaxing your guard a bit.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Congratulations on 8 days! It may not be long , but the first few days are often the hardest. Keep going, and give some thought to when you start relaxing your guard a bit.
Feeling great, iam definitely trying to keep one steep ahead, iam waiting for those "relaxed guard" moments so I can catch them in Time. Problem is that sneak up unexpectedly.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jazzfish View Post
Thanks for this! The first few days of sobriety can be really eye-opening as to how much alcohol was really affecting us. Everything from realizing we had been operating for years in a state of near exhaustion, to dulled senses, to that sour smell and booze breath, to being permanently bloated... It can be quite a long list of changes!

You nailed it, it is amazing how long you are "hypnotized" under all of this , even at 8 days I can definitely say the grass is much much greener on this side
Old 08-19-2015, 01:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done on eight days Madruski !

I'm more fragrant and better looking each day too : )
Old 08-19-2015, 01:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 7 Madruski