Notices

Real Feelings and not being numb drunk

Old 08-18-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Real Feelings and not being numb drunk

I've been reading off and on tonight and after the long day I had I feel like typing just to get my mind off of things a little bit. So just venting a little bit. I had a plan today. Head to work, go to my assessment for my out patient therapy then head back to work. Sounds simple right? Well just to get things off my chest here goes. I get to my assessment only to be told that I have to kick Klonopin which I'm prescribed for anxiety. So I basically get told I have to come back not using that in order to get admitted into the program. I'm lucky to still have either one of my jobs after my stint in jail and my wife was the one in contact with my bosses telling them I was in the hospital. ( I did get a dr note for a psychological eval with my therapist) So I was covered there. Oh did I mention I just got my truck out of the inpound and had it towed to a tire center since my left side tires are blown. I'm glad I didnt hit anyone or kill anyone. So I have to replace all 4 wheels only 1300 I don't have. Then I get a phone call....oh hey your truck doesnt start either. Great( I actually just laughed when I got off the phone and my wife asked me whats up) So I dont make it back to work, I spend 2 hours in the waiting room to see my therapist so she can change my medication so I can get enrolled into the out patient care and then it looks like I'll be spending thousands on my truck. Account is overdrawn so that is something I'll have to figure out lol. Its actually getting comical how this is going with me. Like I honestly can't even be mad or upset. My doing right....for sure! My headache...absolutely. Me just venting and feeling all of it being sober. It sucks feeling what I'm feeling but just thought I'd share my day. HA
Old 08-18-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

The thing is it's a surety that there are better days ahead if you stay sober man

Good for you not letting it get you too down

D
Old 08-18-2015, 07:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is what I'm hoping for Dee!

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
The thing is it's a surety that there are better days ahead if you stay sober man

Good for you not letting it get you too down

D
Old 08-18-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hang on!

"Into every life some ANVILS must fall."

Sorry, but you just have to laugh to keep from crying. Good luck sorting everything out. Sounds like you at least have your to do list.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Isn't that the truth! I laughed all the way to the door after picking our kid up from daycare.

Originally Posted by 2WheelsGood View Post
"Into every life some ANVILS must fall."

Sorry, but you just have to laugh to keep from crying. Good luck sorting everything out. Sounds like you at least have your to do list.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Magsie

It can only get better!
Old 08-19-2015, 02:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

It will get better
Old 08-19-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post

It can only get better!
I second that!
Old 08-19-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

What a day!
Just don't let your AV convince you to drink on it.

Old 08-19-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Yep, some days, you just gotta laugh.

I've had life throw **** at me where I'm thinking "Really?? Really???" and I can't even cry, it's so over the top.
Trying my best to accept life as life is helps, but it sure isn't easy sometimes.
But I do I agree that it does get better.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

First of all! GOOD FOR YU for getting help and c starting to change your situation! I also had to give up my anxiety mediation. I volunteered it thought beau I saw a growing scary addiction to them.
Good for you for not picking up during that day.. that is a great accomplishment! Be proud of yourself!
I recently read the NA book, I also sad th AA big book which was good as well! I liked the NA book because it talks about the core of the disease the feelings and stuff! A really good wrote that they say in the book is.. " life on lifes terms" Which sure sounds like your day!

Good luck!!