Notices

Recently found out my boyfriend is smoking heroin

Old 08-17-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Recently found out my boyfriend is smoking heroin

I was filled with anger when I signed up here a couple days ago, now Im scared and sad. This says Newcomers to Recovery, not sure if its ok I post here because he is actively using? I though he was only smoking pot, but hes been acting strange and a friend told me hes trying out heroin now and worried hes getting in too deep. What signs do I look for, evidence of smoking heroin? I dont think my friend would lie but I need to understand more, and match it to what Im seeing at home.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Hi Jessica and welcome to the forum

I cant offer any advice in terms of heroin evidence, but we do have a friends and family sub forum on here, as well as substance abuse sub forums. However I'm sure someone much more knowledgeable will be along after me shortly.

Just wanted to say hi!
Old 08-17-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks, will try one of the others, doesnt look like anyone is familiar with it on this one.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're very welcome to keep posting here Jessica

do you plan to confront your bf?

D
Old 08-17-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

yeah, once I have a better idea of what Im dealing with. Ive been ok with his smoking weed. He has bad anxiety and it helps even though I want him to see a doctor he wont right now, hes afraid of them. but Im not sure what to do if hes on a hard drug now.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think you can find symptoms of heroin use on the internet. Constricted pupils, lethargic, loss of appetite or weight loss are pretty standard.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The weed makes him lethargic depending how much and what kind he smokes his eyes can get huge and now they are not huge but they arent pin *****. He acts different mostly, his mood switches, his attitude isnt as good, he argues more, has been insulting to me at times and never was before. I was so mad at him Saturday because of things he said, I left for the whole day.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Jessica you will get additional advice here as well as here
Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 08-18-2015, 01:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Signs + Symptoms of Heroin Use
Old 08-18-2015, 02:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Not sure If smoking or snorting it makes any difference but my boyfriend is struggling (currently sober) from a heroin addiction and me personally, I can tell he has been using by the tone of his voice, I don't even need to see him. When I see him after using I can tell by his eyes, he isn't tired but he 'nods out', his eyes are completely shut but he is still awake I guess and head normally slumped over. If your active in sex with him while under the influence he won't be able to finish 9 times out of 10 (sorry if tmi). Mood swings like crazy! Under the influence he is happy laid back very relaxed and good but the next morning if he didn't have anything he would be irritated discontent, and on edge. Constant trips to the bathroom, lots and lots of lies! He rubs his nose quite often opiates make you kinda itchy. Lies about money, where is has been or where he is going, doesn't seem to be himself or enjoy the things he used to. These are a few that I could think off right away, being with a heroin addict is very difficult, in my case we have a child so it makes it even more difficult. If this is a new relationship to you and your unsure if you can handle this, get out now I would suggest. It's a difficult way to live because relapse is sooo common with heroin, good luck hon!
Old 08-18-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JessicaLives View Post
The weed makes him lethargic depending how much and what kind he smokes his eyes can get huge and now they are not huge but they arent pin *****. He acts different mostly, his mood switches, his attitude isnt as good, he argues more, has been insulting to me at times and never was before. I was so mad at him Saturday because of things he said, I left for the whole day.
Jessica, does he have mood swings that go from high to low or high to mad? I've heard that when an H addict needs their fix they can get pretty edgy and once they get it, all is good with the world.