Notices

Still craving

Old 08-17-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still craving

You all helped me stay sober over the weekend when I was urging bad, worse urge in two years. However today it is back with a vengeance. I don't want to feel this way but I can't stop thinking about a bottle of wine with some cheese and grapes would help relax me and help me get through the difficult problems in my life. I know it won't solve them but I miss the feeling of euphoria and escape. Please help me know better. I am extremely angry and disappointed at myself for trying to justify a bottle of wine.I've even Considered doing it in private so I don't let anyone down. If I drink again with my alcoholic husband we would be right back where we were. Feeling desparate hopeless depressed majorly disappointed and I cannot stop crying. Have had a major falling out with my inlaws over stupid **** they did. I should be stronger but my emotions are uncontrollable and have a fricking strangle hold on me. I decided to black out my room and go into isolation until this passes. I'm good for nothing today!!!
Old 08-17-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Sorry to hear you are struggling.

Drinking won't help you get through the difficult problems, it will just add one more. But you know that already.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
You all helped me stay sober over the weekend when I was urging bad, worse urge in two years. However today it is back with a vengeance. I don't want to feel this way but I can't stop thinking about a bottle of wine with some cheese and grapes would help relax me and help me get through the difficult problems in my life. I know it won't solve them but I miss the feeling of euphoria and escape. Please help me know better. I am extremely angry and disappointed at myself for trying to justify a bottle of wine.I've even Considered doing it in private so I don't let anyone down. If I drink again with my alcoholic husband we would be right back where we were. Feeling desparate hopeless depressed majorly disappointed and I cannot stop crying. Have had a major falling out with my inlaws over stupid **** they did. I should be stronger but my emotions are uncontrollable and have a fricking strangle hold on me. I decided to black out my room and go into isolation until this passes. I'm good for nothing today!!!
Hi sorry to hear you're feeling so bad - I relate I was like that yesterday. This sounds ridiculously stupid but I made my bf go to the shop buy hot chocolate and marshmallows, took my sleepy tablet and watched tv in bed till I feel asleep.

I get ya sometimes you just want the day to be over so you don't have to keep feeling so bad.

I hope you can get some peace and quiet and don't give yourself a hard time for feeling bad - we all do sometimes its normal - almost everyone craves for something I think - even if its ice cream, wine and grapes, cheese, computer games...

Good luck x
Old 08-17-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We've all been there, sunshine. I cried for an hour yesterday, then drew a hot bath with lots of bubbles and candle light. Sipped hot tea while in there. I stayed in there until my fingers were pruny, then did what Crysalis said and took a sleep medication in bed. The cravings reduced while in the hot bath, and the medication had me to sleep within 30 mins.

We're all so fragile in the early days of sobriety. Do everything you can to nurture yourself during that time. The wine felt good while it was there, but it was never enough. And I always woke up with anxiety and a tremendous loss of self-respect. I promise you can do this!
Old 08-17-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

it may be tough but you are learning NEW ways to deal with disappointment and anger and in general life on life's terms.
wine won't change a thing, except your state of NON-sobriety.
it won't make dealing with your alcoholic husband any better.
it won't make your inlaws nicer more pleasant people.
won't change the weather or traffic or the amount due on the mortgage.

don't let the disease progress. stay in today.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi Sunshine, congratulations on 2 years, an achievement

If your in laws have been offensive or out of order then you need to stay sober in order to fight back and not let them win

It's great that you posted here first
Old 08-17-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Lol! I meant to say ' a great achievement'
Old 08-17-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Sunshine. Wine and cheese was one of my favorites, too - I loved how they paired together. But I also remember that I couldn't stop at one or two glasses. And then I went from wine to beer to booze to whatever was around - to blackout. Then to hangover and anxiety and depression. See, the romantic vision doesn't match the reality. You can get through this. I believe in you!
Old 08-17-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you doing, Sunshine?

D
Old 08-17-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
How are you doing, Sunshine?

D
Much better. Always feel like I'm not alone in here. Told my husband how I feel and he is laying with me and holding me. I think I'm going to get through this without drinking. Thank you all so much.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad sunshine

D
Old 08-17-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Sunshine, you are not alone. Today was a bad day for me and I did kind of the same thing, isolated myself. It has passed. Hang in there.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good to hear!