Notices

Hello , I'm new

Old 08-17-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Happy to meet you, Gjess. We're here to listen and help - I'm so glad you found us and told your story.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Welcome.

Are you going to quit on your own or go to rehab?
Old 08-17-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Just start asking questions, Google questions.

Seems like the internet and SR are putting a damper on rehab clinics.

You can learn so much here.

If you stopped for 9 months 2 times...you can do it.

The best advice lately here for me was "surrender to sobriety. " That is much easier than "fighting alcoholism. "
Old 08-17-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
My brain is trying to kill me

We all have our stories, they're all different, yat all the same.

The best start is to put "one foot in front of the other" DON'T DRINK, and do both of these One Day At A TIme(ODAT).

Make a Sobriety Plan, you canread the "how to" of that on the forums, follow your plan of sobriety, be true to yourself, and things will get better.

As we like to say "If I can do it, anyone can" ! YOu Can Too!
Old 08-17-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for your support !!
Old 08-17-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm going to do everything on my own . I always been like this , fighting my battles on my own , I just hate to involve other people in my problems . Rehab is absolutely not an option for me , I have kids and I'm a full time career for my autistic son . Also I would be too scared to ask for help anywhere as I would be scared it would affect our life too much , and god forbid if social services would get involved. Absolutely can't risk that . I know I can do it , I just needed a wake up call and to talk to someone who would know what I'm going through
Old 08-17-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Found some hypnosis videos on YouTube wish me luck lol all though I'm feeling pathetic by doing this stuff, never thought it would come to this. Oh well , feeling hopeful
Old 08-17-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gjess View Post
I'm going to do everything on my own . I always been like this , fighting my battles on my own , I just hate to involve other people in my problems . Rehab is absolutely not an option for me , I have kids and I'm a full time career for my autistic son . Also I would be too scared to ask for help anywhere as I would be scared it would affect our life too much , and god forbid if social services would get involved. Absolutely can't risk that . I know I can do it , I just needed a wake up call and to talk to someone who would know what I'm going through
GJess - I have an autistic son, too. And I'm the same way...I can do this with the help of my husband and my SR friends. Tomorrow is Day 9! 😊
Old 08-17-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Like many, this place has been my foundation for staying sober. I'm fairly new to complete sobriety but have been here for a little while. Like you, it was a secret and I was scared to death to share my problem. When I realized how supportive people here are, I opened up and it has really helped. Wish you the very best.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Just be yourself!
Old 08-17-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gjess View Post
I too did it on my own by using https://rational.org/index.php?id=1. It is an alternative more independent way of recovery. I do miss the friends I could be making through AA but this works for me most of the time. SoberRecovery has been a life save as well. Also check out the forum here called Secular and it is also alternative to traditional.