Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 3

Old 08-18-2015, 09:25 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Checking in... Feeling really sad and low today but trying to stay busy and stay on top of everything. It keeps me from thinking too much but it's at night that the sadness, lonliness and worry starts to set in. I feel like I'm operating at 30 percent on here also- I'm using the mobile version and there is no 'thank you' button or way to use emoticons. I guess I'll do tgose the old fashioned way.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:03 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I use the mobile version too. U prolly already know this but if u tap on the persons's name, it flips over and u can see their profile and thank them. No emoticons tho. Full site is better but I'm usually on the go (more than I'd like to be!).
Old 08-18-2015, 11:07 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Hey class. Not a good day here.

One of my cats died tonight. In the past this would have been a good excuse to drink (like I needed excuses) but I have 17 days sober now and I will not give that up for anything. I may not be around for a bit, but I will be back, and I will still be sober.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:12 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Day 11. I am now one footstep ahead of where I got to in July. Feeling a little better today but taking it easy anyway.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:18 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Congrats on 11 days DD. That's an awesome achievement, and I'm hoping you're proud of yourself for it.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:21 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice wednesday everyone
Old 08-19-2015, 12:38 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hi all. Day 19. Excited about getting the full month done as apart from my pregnancies and breastfeeding that is the longest I think I have gone without having one too many.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:04 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Van sorry about your feline family member. I had two cats and a dog so I know they are special to us in a big way.
Soberella and ditzy hope it gets better. I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Olivia, Troy, SoberW, Willow hey! Keep on keeping on!

Today is my day 30! Yes yes yeeeesssssss!
Feeling like I've reached one milestone! Thank you Lord! Glad to have everyone here in my life. Thank you all for listening!
Old 08-19-2015, 03:26 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Well done on 30 days Key
Old 08-19-2015, 03:33 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Awesome on 30 days. Over the past few days I've started to realize the benefits of being sober. I probably say, " man I'm glad I didn't drink, or I'm glad I'm not hungover at least 5 times a day if not more". Keep up the good work everyone. Don't drink today.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:40 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Ditz, congrats on 11 !!!
Van I'm sorry to hear about the passing.
Key , 30 !!! You go!
Soberella I'm mobile too. I lose posts all the time. Ah heck, half of don't make sense, sometimes.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:25 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Key and everyone else hitting a personal milestone today
I'm sorry for your loss vanaprastha - I hope you'll use the support here tho

D
Old 08-19-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Vana, I too am so sorry for your loss. I think it's a HUGE victory that you are dealing with such sorrow without a drink! Stay strong. You'll be in my prayers today.

I did day 2 of the couch to 5 K yesterday...in the rain! Feeling pretty good here on day 18! Have a great Wednesday class!
Old 08-19-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Too much coffee yesterday and did not sleep well last night but sober and feeling fine. I'm dealing with some micromanagement happy people at work. Anyone a micromanager or deal with a micromanager?
Old 08-19-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! I have not posted in a while. Have been feeling so low! Crying all day, hopelessness, and guilt. Who is that helping? No one, but how to stop!! Let's all rebuild together! I know in my heart that the biggest struggles can bring forth amazing future events and wisdom. It's just getting over the slump!! The mess I have created won't go away in a few days like a hangover.
Lilly
Old 08-19-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Icewater, I am in a management position and I tell everyone I am NOT a micromanager. You are told how to do the job and should know how to do it, but if you need help or guidance then I am here..thank God my boss is like me too. I do know some types of people need that in their life and need to be told every move to make and breath to take. I had a couple of people who told me they needed that. I told them that in the beginning I would do a little to help them out, but I would gradually ween them off that being necessary to them. They are now free of that it's such a burden. I hate that you are dealing with it. Makes people feel incompetent and I think "dumb".
LostLilly I sure hope that passes for you. I also struggle with it, it must be part of it. As I have posted I am an only child and I don't have the support of my biological family members. I have been the black sheep even before I drank the first drop. Not having someone to just "be" when you need it is hard. I don't have a girl friend, I'm not close with my Mom, my Dad moved out of state yet again, I have no siblings. These are the people who would know you best. So my husband, my ex step-Mom (who raised me btw), and my children (when the situation suggests only) get the blunt of all this, unfortunately. I completely relate..you're in my thoughts!
Old 08-19-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Day 1. I have got to stop. Feeling like crap today. So upset with myself. Gotta figure out a plan so this can be my last day 1. And my last class too.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hugs chick chick. *puts on soberwolf disguise* Have you thought how your going to make this time different. What are you adding to your plan. *takes off my soberwolf disguise*

and huge hugs we are here with you.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

It's ok to have feelings. That's one of the reasons I used to drink. I never learned how to cope with those yucky emotions. I was told "big girls don't cry" and was taught to "be strong" and not let others see your pain. That is unhealthy. Dis-Ease with your life manifests as physical disease within the body. If you need to cry, cry. If you need to scream and shout do it. In early sobriety I would go out to my car and scream and cry until I puked. It takes several weeks (in my case months, with medication) for our brain chemistry to balance out after years of alcohol abuse. Be good to yourself. We are recoverING from physical changes brought about by our alcoholism.

another 24 hours sober please
Old 08-19-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Ditz I thought you were a wolf, for a moment ! A SoberWolf!
Lilly and chick, I just love you- hugs to both of you ....