Notices

Day 2 and I'm freaking out!

Old 08-16-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

You can do this! And you do have someone you can talk to- all of us! The first week is rough, but don't give up. It gets SO much better.
Nice job on day 2
Old 08-16-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Jasmine, I know it is difficult but stay the course. Its great you got some food in you and cleaned up, its a great start. Each day you will likely feel better. And once you do, you don't have go through it again. Eleven years is a pretty healthy stretch of daily drinking. Hang in there.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Excellent!!

Lots of good advise and I'll have to also get behind the water wagon. It really does help. Just make sure you are taking care of the basics to sustain life or your experience is that much harder.

Water
Vitamins
B-vitamin supplement is essential for alcoholics. Healthy food
Fruit
Veggies

Dark chocolate is also a life savor. Your body is used to running in thousands of empty calories. Dark chocolate was an amazing pick me up.

I also didn't worry about "meals" at first. Instead i ate throughout the day. It helps maintain glucose levels and therefor energy and positive mood.

Pray or meditate goes a long way too.

What your going through is hard. There's no joking about it. But the bottom line is....alcohol has caused it. It's evil at soooo many levels.

All you have to do is get through acute withdrawals and you'll be fine. The better you take care of your body and mind, the quicker and easier the WD's become.

Many people would have caved by now and given up. You haven't and that says A LOT. That says you're serious about living a NORMAL life. One without suicidal thoughts, major depression, or severe anxiety. One without lying to everyone around you and one where you're PROUD of yourself. Go for it!!
Old 08-16-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks again everyone. Wow, what a day, but I'm still sober! Hoping by Tuesday the worse of the withdrawals will be over. I have been drinking water from the spring and I'm all ready on an all organic, plant based diet- heck, I don't even use shampoo with chemicals or cleaning products that are toxic, yet I am an alcoholic and smoker? Talk about shame. If you guys knew what I did for a living you'd scratch your head and wonder wth I'm thinking...that's the insanity of addiction though, isn't it? My BP is good, shakes are faint, probably only scoring a 3, which is good. Much better than I thought it would be. Vomiting and dizzy. Very lethargic but that seems normal? On an up note, I have binge watched netflix, played with my ferrets and messaged people on fb that I have been pushing away since my hubby died. Was I honest about what was going on? Ahhhh no, but it's a start. Reaching out to you guys is easier right now. Thank you all so much for being here.
Old 08-16-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Jasminefalls
Glad you're feeling a little better

D
Old 08-16-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Glad you're feeling better but alcoholism does not give a rats *** what your profession is !
Old 08-16-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Lol. Amen to that.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Exactly. That's my point! It's insanity! here I am fighting corporations to keep the environment clean and citizens healthy yet go home and drink myself to death. It's irrational.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:32 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Well you need to fight for yourself and keep yourself clean and healthy. Believe me, you completely expendable in that company you work for, but you only have one life to live.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:40 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hugs! It will get better just push through!
Old 08-17-2015, 04:28 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Its tough. Stick around the people on the site are really helpful.

Prayers to you.