SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Two years (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/373609-two-years.html)

Opivotal 08-14-2015 08:23 PM

Congratulations my beautiful friend. :hug:

Your post was so touching, it brought tears to my eyes. It's been my pleasure to watch you blossom into one of the most spectacular rainbows , I've ever seen.

Thank you for always inspiring our members and for being such a special friend to me.

Not only am I so proud of you, but I know in my heart, your Dad is watching you and beaming with love and pride.

Bless your beautiful soul, Venecia. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...71b2a669a7.jpg

Eliasson 08-14-2015 08:25 PM

Your post fills me with hope. Thank you. Congratulations on two years!

BlueFairy 08-14-2015 08:39 PM

thanks for so eloquently sharing--and for the song too--I'd completely forgotten about that song! Weird thing is I almost wore an old stones t-shirt the other day, because I had some of those patterned yoga type pants on (had lots to do plus yoga later) but went with a Bowie because the colors matched better.

Venecia 08-14-2015 08:43 PM

I'm genuinely touched by your congratulatory words, everyone.

My happy milestone comes during a solemn time for SR, as we say good-bye to one of our own, Robby, a passing that reminds us poignantly how much we mean to one another.

It is a privilege to consider you my friends. Thank you.

strategery 08-14-2015 09:06 PM

Congratulations on 2 years Venecia! Your postings have always been super helpful and full of wisdom. You are a person I continue to look up to and aspire to be. Thank you for all you do here! :hug:

advbike 08-14-2015 09:50 PM

Big congratulations for my sweet and wonderful classmate!

V.. thanks for all your support and words of wisdom. These two years have certainly gone by quickly, haven't they? You were really put to the test and you passed with flying colors.. it will only get better now! Wishing you many more years of sobriety and that your dreams all come true sweet woman.

Cheers,
--Adv

wehav2day 08-14-2015 10:19 PM

Great post, and congrats on two whole years venecia!!!

You are awesome!

Marcher13 08-14-2015 11:23 PM

Venecia that is a typically generous post from you. Congratulations on your inspiring achievement.

CaseyW 08-14-2015 11:37 PM

Congrats on two years, Venecia, and for all your honest and inspiring posts here on SR!

MythOfSisyphus 08-15-2015 01:27 AM

Congrats on Two Years, Venecia! But beyond that, congrats on "getting it". There is so much we miss while drinking our lives away. Granted, even drunken experiences are experiences but so much of them are veiled with gauzy haze of being too wasted to really understand or remember things. We have only so many hours to ride this beautiful blue marble we call home. I commend you on cutting to heart of what makes it such a great ride!:grouphug:

Soberwolf 08-15-2015 02:33 AM

Ven i want to say thanks for being such a nice person and being a awesome friend

Notimetoloose 08-15-2015 02:34 AM

Congratulations..2 years is wonderful..Thank you for your beautiful post.

Ornithology 08-15-2015 03:19 AM

Thank you Venecia for the beautifully written note. And congratulations on two years.

kamm 08-15-2015 03:25 AM

Congratulations on 2 years sober. Your post was inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

sugarbear1 08-15-2015 04:54 AM

Congratulations!!

Leshar 08-15-2015 05:26 AM

What a wonderful post, I found it very helpful and hopeful.
Congratulations on two years!

Foolsgold186 08-15-2015 06:16 AM

Well done on 2 years sober. Lovely post.

Dharma33 08-15-2015 06:28 AM

:grouphug:Congratulations, and thank you for such a beautiful post Venecia!

Aellyce 08-15-2015 06:52 AM

Congratulations, Venecia, on this wonderful milestone in your sobriety, and even more on the ways you relate to recovery, other people, and life in general. I always enjoy reading your posts and interacting with you for a few reasons. One of these is that you have such a wonderful ability to articulate your thoughts, feelings and experiences in writing, and connect with the feelings and experiences of others even via the intrinsically limited medium of an online forum. Your posts come across very 'alive' and often reflect a positive orientation to life even if things get bitter for a while. Here, for example, the the quiet evenings on your balcony -- I can imagine it vividly based on your description, probably in part because these are things I also enjoy doing myself :)

On challenges and emotionally trying periods in sobriety: my personal experience has been that these are immeasurably easier and more efficient sober than anytime when I was drinking heavily. When I was drinking, I wasn't really dealing with my challenges, much more just pushing them away, distracting myself with all sorts of crazy, often useless things that eventually only caused extra pain, not comfort or relief. It took me a good while also in recovery to shed a few more of these bad habits, but so much easier to work on these in a constructive way sober.

We all typically agree that active alcoholism is progressive -- but recovery is also that, and what a difference! :)

NeoNew 08-15-2015 07:15 AM

Congratulations on two years, Well done..