Notices

What is your plan tonight

Old 08-14-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

This is a great thread. Helps me realize 'm not the only one struggling to keep it sober, especially on the weekends when that has been such a staple (ESPECIALLY Friday nights). Looking forward to waking up tomorrow feeling refreshed and not hung over.

As for tonight - board games with some family, then piano practice, maybe walk the dogs, take in one of the movies I've been putting off... Might treat myself to a slurpee or a frapp from Starbucks and sit out on the patio with that, too.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

That's a great film Tetra, first watched it only a few months ago, a real mixture of emotions!!
Old 08-14-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

I have so many books I don't know which one to read first, and two DVDs I want to watch.
Old 08-14-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great thread guys

just the usual for me tonight - winding down from a gig

D
Old 08-14-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Watching So You Think You Can Dance all night. I hope to get back to my own dancing soon. Ive missed it!

I'm exhausted from a couple of busy days so I don't know how long I'll be able to stay up. (Tired yawn).

Delfin
Old 08-14-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
30 Days & Under Club

I moved my morning run to a night run (helps reduce my cravings!) so I just finished that...

Now, I'm going to make enchiladas, watch a movie, then go to sleep early. I'm going to wake up early Saturday morning and go for a walk (then run after I finish my coffee) on the pier.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I met a pal ate some food, driving home seeing all the bars I have been drunk in made me smile, I just don't want a drink watched the golf with a smile on my face.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good morning SR.

Had a good sleep, except it started thundering around midnight. I half woke up, grudgingly reached over, opened the door and instantly two 30kg fur balls come darting into my room. They were standing right at the door, just hoping I would open it.

They're never allowed in the bedroom, but made an exception last night. That thunder, scary stuff I tell ya.

Today is going to be really exciting. I'm going to work, and wash the walls. heh, fun stuff.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:27 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I came home on a cooler, cloudy evening to the smell of beef stew simmering on the stove. After supper we strolled to the market and on the way a neighbour intercepted us with home made chocolate cake. The evening has been spent catching up on some recorded TV shows and now I'm relaxing in bed on SR and then a bit of reading in a book by Jane Goodall for my book club. We are up bright and early tomorrow for a weekend jaunt down to the U.S. to visit a friend in Seattle. It makes me feel warm and happy to know I'll be waking up sober and after a shower and a hot cup of coffee I'll be wide awake, full of energy and excited for the day ahead.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:51 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome guys
Old 08-15-2015, 02:51 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Me and the husband gonna watch a film, we have been laughing about how I would normally watch a film when I was drinking (i find being an alcoholic you have to have a great sense of humour!) He said I would sit there one eye open the other eye closed "trying" to watch a film, this in turn would affect my breathing so I would snort instead of breathe, Id then shout at the tv "that would never happen" or id put the worlds to right f-ing and blinding about some injustice or another, then Id conk out and snore lol... when Id wake in the morning id go to him "wtf was that film about last night?" Lol... its lovely that we can watch a film together and actually watch it and appreciate the storyline! So thats my plan for this evening. If hes a lucky boy he may get some lovin too ha ha x
Old 08-15-2015, 03:15 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Awesome thread! I am shamelessly making notes of things to do on other sober weekends.

For me its just me and my preschooler home tonight. Made us some leftover buffalo chicken casserole and veggies and now we're watching a movie I let her pick out from the library on Friday. Mr. Kamm is out partying with some friends but I'm not ready to be around massive drinking like that... in all honesty I'm not sure I'll ever want to be around that again. After the little one goes to bed it'll be bubblebath and book time for me. Followed by an early bed. Maybe ice cream in there somewhere.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Great thread some good ideas..
Old 08-15-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Do your best

Were waiting on a brisket its been 4h were both really hungry
Old 08-15-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

After giving my son a bath, book, bottle and bed and him fighting his sleep for a good hour it was fajitas for dinner! Now me and my boyfriend are sitting on the couch watching gone in 60 seconds with tea and a cake...Nicolas cage - swoon! Odd I know!

Match of the day is starting soon (yawn) so I'm off to bed to watch American horror story (if you've not watched this you must!!!)

Have a lovely night everyone.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Do your best

Still waiting on this brisket were not going to eat it tonight now : (

Sandwiches & dinner tomorrow is covered at least, watching bates motel
Old 08-15-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I am hoping to sleep better tonight than I did last night. Decided to roast some chicken legs for dinner, even though the thought of turning the oven on when it's 95F outside is not all that appealing. Chicken legs with crispy skin are appealing.
Will probably watch something on Netflix, read, and hit the hay early.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm making supper and will then head out for a long walk on this beautiful summer evening. I am half way through 'Finding My Balance' by Mariel Hemingway. It's about how she has used Yoga to help her navigate through her life with her family's issues of suicide, addiction and mental illness.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

WOW, was I in the zone for housework today. Got stuffed cleaned that hadn't been cleaned for awhile. The whole household helped.

Love it, my energy and enthusiasm is needed, it's been missing for awhile.

Going to have a great supper... then read for a bit, then watch a TV show... then read some more.

Have a wonderful Saturday night.