Notices

Day6

Old 08-14-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day6

So I'm waking up to day 6 sober and I had a dream I was drinking last night... I have never had a dream like this and it kinda scared me! Although I'm so happy it was a dream because I was so disappointed in myself about it. Does this dream hold any deeper meaning? Anyways I'm so motivated to stay clean this weekend! Thank you all for the continued support!
Old 08-14-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Kdg, this is fairly common in early sobriety and i dont think it holds deeper meaning dreams are dreams i used to suffer horrific nightmares but they have faded out and it will for you too day 6 is amazing Kdg

Keep on keeping on
Old 08-14-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm on day six too. I was sleeping from midnight until 5am and then woke up after some horrific nightmares... With the paranoia that maybe they weren't nightmares but flashbacks from my blackouts.
I was drinking in the last one I remember, and smoking. Pretty distressing. I'm sure they don't mean anything. Well... I hope not...
Old 08-14-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job on day 6! Ya those dreams.... Not fun but they fade. I just relapsed after 6 months. (Thinking I could drink normally) ya right... The dreams were gone but back after relapse. Keep it up.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 6 Kdg!!

Dreams with drinking in them seem to be a common occurance, the good news is dreams alone don't cause hangovers in the morning!!
Old 08-14-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah I'm day 6 too! Started Sunday, and this week has been amazing. I have been so busy though, so it's kept my mind off of it. It's been a stressful week with work, and normally I would've drank every day/ night to block out all the craziness. This week has been epic as far as work stress, so I think it was actually meant to be that I quit drinking because you know what? I'm actually able to think clearly, solve problems, have solutions, and trust myself. I feel so strong right now. AV hung around a bit last night as I cleaned empty alcohol bottles out of the bar at home as we were loading up to take trash and recycle. I used to always take a pull or two (or 5) every time I went downstairs to our bar. Seemed weird walking away, walking back upstairs, without that fuzzy warm feeling (that I liked, or thought I did....but there were just, like, a thousand things I DIDN'T like about it when it went too far, and I need to keep reminding myself of that...because I'd never stop at just one shot stop)...
Anyways, 6 days is great. Im in the same boat as you time wise so I don't know when the nightmares/ dreams go away. I haven't ever really stopped drinking cold like this. However, I must say I'm a bit jealous that ya'll are having dreams because I've been working so hard pulling all-nighters all week that I haven't even had a chance to get a regular nights sleep since I quit drinking. (Like 2- 4 hours of sleep a night, all week. and then we have the toddlers taking turns waking up, during those precious couple hours....so I've gotten no rest!)
I doubt the dream has any deeper meaning as far as you drinking in it. It's probably just that you've been thinking about it so much since quoting that your subconscious is trying to sort it all out and those images come up. Try not to stress!

I'm looking forward to a sober weekend too! My first in I don't know how long! (Besides when I was pregnant with the kids). I'm also looking forward to NOT working, and sleeping! Hopefully restful sleep!
Old 08-14-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

^ Stopping not quoting
Old 08-14-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for the support and feedback I'm happy to hear that the dream probably has no significance to it and the fact that dreams don't come with hangovers is the best part about it lol! I've never felt so confident going into my 6th day because normally my AV is working its hardest to convince me that just one beer won't hurt but I don't want just one beer... I've been reading through some threads and I've realized it is all about that first drink that maybe it won't take me into a black out but chances are that it will take me somewhere I'm not trying to go especially from my track record of drinking it will end badly and I've had enough terrible hangovers in my life already to not need another one EVER! My main goal is to just stay away from that first drink no matter what! Denial101 I hope you are able to get some rest soon! Best wishes to everyone
Old 08-14-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 6 here too
Old 08-14-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Drinking dream are very common

I chose not to put any kind of meaning to them - I still dream of ghigh school but I have no desire to go back there

congrats on day 6

D
Old 08-14-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

kdg3 - Just wanted to say Congrats on day 6 I don't really recall bad dreams , but woke up with a sort of panic attacks . Could be I was dreaming