# 21 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Anxiety!

Heart palpitations!

Guilt!
Old 08-13-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm missing out on waking up every day feeling horrible and hating myself.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm coming up on month 18 clean/sober (since 02/17/2014).

Strangely, I don't really feel like I'm "missing out" as far as having a good time or going to social events. I was never (and still am not) a very "social" person, so I never really left the house. Haven't had many "real life" friends ever since my late teens, so I guess that also kept me out of those types of venues.

I was a "stay at home" drinker for the most part. Usually I drove to the liquor store - or more recently - walked to the liquor store, and then went straight home and started to drink shortly after.

Occasionally I miss the "buzzed" feeling, but I don't really feel like I am "missing out" as far as going out to bars, clubs, social events, etc. Again, I'm not a very social person so I rarely attended such events to begin with.

One thing I do miss though is the "patio session". I used to live in a nice apartment on the top floor, had a spacious patio. I rather enjoyed just sitting out there during spring/summer while having a few cold ones. I enjoyed drinking in ambiance such as calm spring/summer evenings.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm missing out on wanting so much to watch the big game then seeing double by the fourth quarter or passing out before its over
Old 08-13-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I won't miss out on the feeling that in order to socialize online I must be drinking first, and then having to go through my internet history the next morning (if I can even walk to my computer), delete the drunken facebook posts, scratch my head at the selfies I took on my phone whilst looking like a mad woman complete with purple teeth, go through my phone call history ans calling everyone I called and asking them what was I like last night. Not just once or twice a month, but several times. All drinking made me miss out on was life and self respect.