Notices

Its Time Sober Weekender Thread Aug 7 Part 2

Old 08-12-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

yeah MM, I know all about load balance, rigging and that, and sway on a trailer... the ole 10 dollar lifetime pass eh? I've a few years for that yet. I hope to get in a solid 6 years of work first...

Went and got ice cream... crisis averted. Dinner was ice cream followed by cod and salad. Gonna watch something and try to snooze so I can wake up at 230 and hit the road.

I'm already packed up and ready to go! Have a great weekend!

Old 08-12-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Is there Chunky Monkey in that Ben & Jerry's vending machine? My current favorite.

Little Miss going off with my mother in law this evening. Husband currently playing ball with her. Son ensorcelled by video game.

So the vacation begins. Awesome. Now what?

Behan, you're doing well. When little B arrives though make sure you and the missus ask for and accept any help offered. You'll need your rest. A rare commodity in the early days. People are so afraid to ask for help but I've found that it's always there. Especially with babies. Most everyone loves babies and holding babies.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I am totally pooped. Too tired to make dinner so the son and I went out to eat. Sale starts tomorrow (yikes!) and there is still work to be done. I'll go to bed ultra early, like in a half hour, set my alarm for later tonight to see if I can see any meteorites, then go back to bed and get up ultra early. Once sale starts it will be fairly easy. I hope. Goodnight, folks. Catch you on the new thread tomorrow. Hey, maybe I'll get shotgun!
Old 08-12-2015, 05:39 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
...holds the key

It figures....I'm in a phase where I DONT have insomnia and there's meteor showers!! Where were they last week?!? Blah! I'll try and see em tonight but I'm already tired!

Safe travels Brain.

Good advice Ruby. Everyone loves the chance to hold a newborn. It's just something you don't get to do very often!
Enjoy your time off work!

Don't you hate when you sit there listening to someone ramble on about their life and they never once even ask how you are?!?! I'm gonna start having a five minute time limit when it comes to listening to these monologues.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Night mld!
Old 08-12-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I was awake at 2AM last night and thought about going to try to find a dark spot to watch the Perseid.

Then I though, "maybe tomorrow night." I'm guessing I'll pass when the alarm goes off at 2AM tonight. Not sure where it would be dark enough, and there is a slight cloud cover anyway. Last night would have been better. Meh. Seen one shooting star. I have seen the International Space Station a few times, though - including several times in broad daylight. It's cool to see.

Full of food, need to do the evening chores and do the animal stuff. I'm feeling pretty lazy.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
...holds the key

So, how do you know if you see the Space Station? What am I looking for? That's so cool!
Old 08-12-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

It's big and shiny and rectangular and doesn't move very fast but it's big and shiny. And it's waaaaay up there. You can tell what it is.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Cool! I need to start looking up more!
Old 08-12-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Once you see it one time, you'll notice it more and more. I think there is a NASA schedule - so you know when it's in your "neighborhood."

Here:

http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/

Looks like once a day.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hola gang,

Good to see the "weekenders club" exists on weekdays, too! LB's off on a trip down south, Ruby's kicking up her heels, Weasel's eating pickles, MLD's selling lawnmowers, and everyone's talking about a space station and a meteor shower...egads! I apologize for everyone I left out, I could go on and on but I promise I'm all caught up and have enjoyed all the posts.

I was on the phone at work for 4 hours today - doesn't sound too bad, but most of these calls were inbound customer calls. Lots of tricky questions about our new software release. Tough sledding. But after a long, slow summer it sure helps the days fly by.

$1500 bucks and 2 weeks later, I finally get my truck back tomorrow. Complete engine replacement along with some other things. Will be nice to have wheels.

Lots of rain this past week, my rooftop garden is going bananas and so is my side porch "shade garden" shown here. I just have a few plants here (the more dazzling sun-lovers are up on the roof) but they are enjoying the wet weather. Herbs and spices on the top rack, trees and vines on the bottom. Mint, rosemary, basil and oregano up on the shelf there. Random flowers, palms, etc. Each pot has lots of variety. Little jasmine on the bottom right is starting to climb the homemade trellis I made from sticks.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Your Tax Dollars at work in this Locating Guide...

- Spot The International Space Station.nasa.gov -

Sky's looking much better now/tonight for Les Perseids.

- 'Walking On The Moon' ~ The Police ~ Live -

PS ~ Just saw Bim's Link. Great Minds think alike. So do she and I.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Geez, BigS that engine job would have cost you $4000 in the US, right? Glad you'll be mobile again. Watch out for potholes.

I love Jasmine. It's my favorite. What a lovely little garden
Old 08-12-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

- 'Octopus's Garden' ~ The Muppets -
Old 08-12-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Do I have to wait til 2am to see a shooting star? I think I'll go check in about an hour. Is 9pm too early ? It's pretty dark out there. I cleaned up the dog poop in anticipation of bumbling around in the back yard looking for meteors. I would love to see the space station.
Ruby...enjoy your time off! Sounds great. I could keep busy with projects around the house that need to be done. Like paint the hallway. ..
Old 08-12-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Ok....I'm heading out. ..
Old 08-12-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

MLD good luck with the sale. I think you'll find it fun and perhaps exasperating at times. As people put on their "can I have it for free" hats.

Brynn, I sometimes get so wrapped up in talking I forget to ask how people are doing. A character flaw. I try to be mindful of that but sometimes, I need to kick myself.

No meteor shower for me. I'm not even going to bother. Too much light pollution. Which is too bad because it's clear out. Never see the stars here. Maybe on vacation it'll be darker.

I'm off to bed too. Soon.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

BigS, that was a bargain on a whole new engine. Now you have wheels!! How exciting to be able to have mobile adventures again.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:34 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Nothing! I'm setting my alarm.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:09 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I saw two meteors! Woohoo! AND I signed up for the Space Station alerts! NASA has my email! I feel so official!! Ha! Thanks for the link y'all!

Good luck HAF!

And Ruby....just to be clear...I wasn't talking about anyone here. It's a 'friend' in my neighborhood. I just need to stop expecting her to reciprocate.

Night y'all!