Notices

Its Time Sober Weekender Thread Aug 7 Part 2

Old 08-12-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning!
Back to the house to finish estate sale setup. I think I talked my friend into buying one of the major items already - a very nice riding mower we want $650 for. He doesn't really really need it, but he's addicted to machinery so I purposely showed it to him ahead of time "just to look it over and make sure the price was fair.." I'm evil. Bwahahaha!!!
Old 08-12-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Today I am turning in my heart monitor. I called yesterday and the guy told me I have to keep it for a week - the 13th? - um, no. I explained to him why they hand these out for a week in my case and that it has served its purpose.
Hopefully I have another attack before I give it to them so it's full.

Oats with a cut up apple is not too good. But I'm choking it down.

If all goes well and I get organized I will be heading for Georgia in the morning and arriving at rush hour. Assuming I'm loaded up and leave by 4AM.
NONS, I got a chuckle from that as well. Ruby, we have been leaving the AC turned off most of the past week. Doors and windows open all day. It's close to 50 this morning.

I'll be scarce this weekend around here. My tools list is everything from replacing light fixtures to toilet and plumbing repairs to replacing cement board siding designing and installing a down spout drain diverter system (I had the utilities marked last year but ran out of time) to repairing and staining some deck work... all in about 5 days. Plus removing a lot of junk from garage and hoping craigslist will help me unload most of it.

Have a great day. I planned to look at the meteor shower last night. Sleep won.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good morning -wow it's Wednesday already. I'm going to try to get to work early today cause I have lots to do.
Oatmeal with blueberries and cut up apple for breakfast. ..and maple syrup. Yum. That's starting the day on aa positive note.I love this rogue weekend thread. It's like the small AA meetings that I used to like when I went many years ago. Unfortunately anonymity is an issue for me now...glad I have you guys instead.
See you all later.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ha Nons! Love it!

Brain...fingers crossed you have another episode ??? for good measure. Have a safe trip ! We'll miss you!

Mld....that's not evil....it's salesmanship! Hope he bites!

HAF....I like that....the Rogue Weekenders

Going to Target pretty soon yay! I always try and stick to my list when I'm there but I usually get sidetracked. And I love how it always smells like popcorn!
Old 08-12-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Target is a dangerous place, Brynn. Good luck getting out for under $100.

HaF, the rogue weekenders is like the Sunday morning AA meeting I attend.

I'm on lunch break. Work day one third over. Eventful morning but I'm just relaxing. AC still on full blast in the building so being outside to warm up is nice.

Brain, sounds like you have a full list. Good luck. I'll open my windows when I get home.

MLD good luck with the estate sale. You'll probably get more for the riding mower than I will get for my old car. Neighbor trying to get me to pay him to buy it. I'm being facetious but I laughed at him and told him I'm not giving it to him for free at his $500 offer. Needs work but it's got a new clutch in it. Blue book is at least $750.

Ah, well. $500 will at least get it out of my hair. It's the principle that I'm sticking at. Maybe 500 and barter some work. I need shelves in the kitchen and neighbor is a carpenter.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey there Rogue Weekenders!!!

Why I do love that name.

Nearly home time. My brain is fried. So many competing demands to worry about. I am very conscious that I am no longer catastrophising and looking for plots of people being out to get me, which was my usual form when I used to add large doses of neurotoxins in with stress.

I'm still worried about that elephant though.

Going to a 40th birthday party this weekend. Lots of people there I used to get drunk and wasted with. I have no fears whatsoever that I will drink. If people ask, I will answer. The person who's party it is knows I am a non-drinker now and that's the most important thing. I'm focusing on catching up with old friends and being able to remember the conversation in the morning.

Right, home time.

Will check in later with my gang of rogues and vagabonds!!!

B
Old 08-12-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Call me behind the times, but I was away for work at the start of the week and came across this in the hotel lobby, technology has progressed this far and I was unaware:

Who needs a hotel bar, when ice cream is accessible 24/7!!
Old 08-12-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Home from Target and still have a few dollars left in the bank! Woohoo!

We've progressed to rogues AND vagabonds?!?! Sweet!!

PK....so, how much ice cream did you buy from that nifty machine??
Old 08-12-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Behan View Post
Hey there Rogue Weekenders!!!

Why I do love that name.

Nearly home time. My brain is fried. So many competing demands to worry about. I am very conscious that I am no longer catastrophising and looking for plots of people being out to get me, which was my usual form when I used to add large doses of neurotoxins in with stress.

I'm still worried about that elephant though.

Going to a 40th birthday party this weekend. Lots of people there I used to get drunk and wasted with. I have no fears whatsoever that I will drink. If people ask, I will answer. The person who's party it is knows I am a non-drinker now and that's the most important thing. I'm focusing on catching up with old friends and being able to remember the conversation in the morning.

Right, home time.

Will check in later with my gang of rogues and vagabonds!!!

B
Awesome. But always keep that guard. If you need inspiration look over at little B sleeping safely with Momma B.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hmm . . . well you know . . .

If I where to say on occasion more than once within a 24hr period, would that perhaps have been too much?!!
Old 08-12-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Wait. Missus B had her baby?

I missed that completely.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
saoutchik

PK that kind of think could prove disastrous to the Saoutchik waistline.

Had a friend who worked in Japan for a year - apparently they have vending machines fo all sorts of things. I don't approve of this but live crabs was the one I remembered him saying
Old 08-12-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Call me behind the times, but I was away for work at the start of the week and came across this in the hotel lobby, technology has progressed this far and I was unaware:

I want this for christmas lol
Old 08-12-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks K. I'll be keeping the guard up like Rocky Balboa!

Junior B has not arrived yet, Bimini.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Wait. Missus B had her baby? I missed that completely.
No BiM... I just figured if he looked at his lovely lady and little one tucked away for now how could one not find inspiration. False alarm..... !
Old 08-12-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

My pickles came out good but strong! Whew. Garleek! The spicy could have been hotter. But I got the sour part just right!

I seem to never be able to make the same twice. Guess a dash of this and pinch of that style makes it that way. But I prefer that and get surprised.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

weasel, I'm in for this weekend...

******* uhaul idiots... not a person was able to tell me how high the trailer coupler should be, I don't feel like carrying three different hitches with me... the web is no help either... wtf? it's not on their website and the "chat" lady said 25" but the phone lady said ask the uhaul dealer.... what the **** is the 800 customer service answer line for? to tell me to ask the idiot at the storage place? the web in general is all about mycarbrand.com *********.
It's a simple question. In order for the trailer to ride level, how high should my hitch ball be? And yeah, the wife got me aggravated this afternoon too. Oh, and so did paypal and craigslist... to bad I turned in my heart monitor this morning, the thing would be lighting up right now!

And we're almost out of ice cream...

how's everyone else this afternoon?
Old 08-12-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post

I think I just heard angels singing.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I saw one very bright shooting star and the international space station. Beautiful!

Good night all.

B
Old 08-12-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Yah, been there. Vended that. In Tokyo, mainly. Google Search for <Japanese Vending Machines>. Too many Booze examples for me to link. But, any Culture with Snacks vended besides Panties vended beside Fresh Fruit vended beside Iced Coffee is my kinda Country! I've seen live Goldfish vended in lil clear Baggies.

LBrain ~ How you load the Trailer determines a lot. That is, weight in front of the Axle vs. behind. Less than ~10% Load on the Trailer Ball, and it won't track fer Guano. That said, assume something like a 2" drop after loading. Part of this is the 'unknown' of the Jeep, or Tow Vehicle Suspension. Yadda, yadda, yadda...

Ran Errands all day in 90 F heat while Da Wife did some Chick Lunch. She thoughtfully warned me of the 2 Kahlua Chocolates in the Box of high end Chocolates she bought. I'll skip those. Parked my HappyAzz just now in front of the free 'Swamp' Cooler I nabbed, and plumbed in. It'll do until we get a multi-Zone Mitsubishi A/C Unit put in by a Pro.

Filled the Propane Tank for the House Cook Top. 3 Cop Cars pulled out of the Trailer Park where I had this Tank filled cuz their Propane is so cheap. Something went down, and I doubt it was someone forgetting to pay their Water Bill.

Bought new Fishing Gear. Dog Food. Hit the Dog Park. Bought a $10- Lifetime US Parks/Campsite Pass that gets me 50% off my pending Dude/Dog Solo Camping/Fishing Outing next week.

A pretty serious Storm last night provided some entertaining Lightning across the Valley, but blanked out the Perseids. They'll still be some tonight.

Fun to read all these Goings On. Party on, Garth!