Notices

made some big changes

Old 08-10-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

made some big changes

I stopped trading options,,,also stopped drinking back to my simple meds trying to keep stress to as small as it can be a part of my life.The thing I cant get right is the aa part I called the so called hotline talked to a few nice people but never ger a serious response back....is it me not talking to these people messed up......I don't get it.I called the line I was reccommeneded to call a few days ago from here ....he asked me why am I calling him . I give up on that situation...why is it so hard to get somebody to hold your hand and help you
Old 08-10-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I sometimes have to ring around a little before I get the right person or the right help....but I don't know anything about the lines you called ex

others will be along tho to share their experience. - I'm glad you're not drinking

D
Old 08-10-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What kind of help are you asking them for? They will want you to say, "I need help to stop drinking," or something similar - like, "I quit drinking and think I need more help."

They can talk to you and give you the times and locations of meetings, but in the end it is up to you.

In the U.S. usually someone will volunteer to meet you at a meeting and maybe explain how the program works if you don't know already. But it is up to you to go to meetings, find your sponsor, work the steps and be your own advocate.

It is a self-help program. You have to show up and participate.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

AA is not going to get you sober. AA will give you tools to help you learn how to live life sober. Calling the AA hot line is not AA. Working the steps and going to meetings is AA
Old 08-10-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

mabey its ny disposition I don't know.I will try to a minute point from here,I just don't get it like I said have tried going back to when I was a complete mess then people stepped up but I wasn't ready ,,,,might make 1 more call then that's it....im ok just calling it what it is
Old 08-10-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are making progress! I've been reading Online AA in real time. It's real people without the stress of expecting something from others. You might like it.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by exwell66 View Post
he asked me why am I calling him .
Sorry to hear you are having a hard time connecting. Perhaps call them back and be very specific. Do you want someone to go to a meeting with you or what? AA is a program of action. People will give you a hand up but taking the action is up to you. The best thing you can do is get to a meeting and find a long term solution via the steps.

You may decide it's not for you. It's been a miracle in my life but there are other great options out there. I believe the key is to pick one and put 100% into it. No recovery program will be effective if you aren't open minded and willing.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Give them another call say i want to go to a mtn and find your local mtns you can google it

spk soon bud