Notices

messed it up after 67 days

Old 08-10-2015, 08:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I just want to reiterate what some of the other posters are saying.

67 days is absolutely incredible. I'm not kidding when I say this - it's absolutely an inspiration to me. By no means am I trying to say, "It's not that big a deal you drank" or "Whatever, it happens". I get that this is serious. But dude, if you can make 67 days you can absolutely make a lifetime. You can. You've proven it. Get right back at it.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you

Thanks everyone for the kind words of encouragement and support. I'm feeling better today. My head is clearer. So 11th of August 2015 is my day 1.

I'm going to do everything I can to ensure its my last day 1!

⛅️
Old 08-10-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for sharing.

Your words helped me tonight. Good luck to you!
Old 08-10-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

It is great to read all the posts good, bad, and horrible. This kind of discussion is impossible unless dealing with other alcoholics.

The only reason I quit was because of a hypoglycemic attack after a 6 day sober streak and a tough cardio work out.

I wasnt trying to quit just cut down. I knew I was binging, just didn't know that it was a form of alcoholism. Now I am educated. I will not drink ever again. 1daat. Ghm.

The next day I drank about a 500 to 700ml of whisky in about 6 hours. Just for fun.

That will be all for the next 50 years or so.

Proud, born again sober.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Don't get discouraged. Keep on trying. You can do this. I struggled a long time to get even one day, then relapsed at about 70 days, started over and today am on Day 275.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:20 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good for you, we're all in this together
Old 08-10-2015, 10:36 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RogerD View Post
67 days. 105 days. I have never made it past 26. So, I find your partial success very inspirational. Get back on the wagon and try again. You can succeed.
Wow, I just blew it at 26 days with a glass of wine I really didn't even want. Don't let it set you back, get right back at it.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zufrieden View Post
Thanks Fradley.
We are the same age. What struck me reading your response is that at 39 I could have quit as I am now doing almost ten years later..... And it would have been such a better ten years. I'm sure there are folks here feeling the same at 59, 79 etc...: the time absolutely flies... but we don't have to take drinks along.
It has to stop sometime. The sooner for each of us the better.
Jonathan
These are good things to keep hearing. Telling myself this as well. At 37, I would love to go into my 40s clean and sober and really enjoy the rest of my life. And this is exactly the reason I decided this. A new friend from the gym recently shared that her ex/ late husband died of alcoholism at a young age of 44. he shared the same closet alcoholic addictions as I had…and all I could think was, is it too late? Wow…this could be me. And then there was my uncle who was a terrible addict all his life. He died of liver failure in his 50s even though he'd been sober a couple years before he died. It was simply too late for him, he'd already traumatized his body to that extent for the majority of his life. So why, WHY, would I keep doing this?? I have two little kids, an amazing husband, a wonderful life. Too much to give up. (as a disclaimer, my uncle was found dead in his apartment where he lived alone because he had no children and his wife had left him…wonder why?…and we don't know if he'd started drinking again or not, leading to his death…and what's even sadder is that he'd been dead for a few DAYS before anyone found him, so they couldn't run proper tests to be able to tell…his organs were so screwed up and they think his esophagus burst…so possibly another binge that put him over the edge?…we won't ever know in this life. But I find it sad that he'd led his life in such a way that he had no one…no one to miss him for days and days , and he was dead…)

Don't let it be you! Stop no matter what age your are at, whatever day you're on, keep going!! I'm a horrible preacher- I'm only going on day 3 But I have never REALLY tried to stop before. I'm hoping I'm that strong. Thats why I'm here. We need each other.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

How's it going today, drash? Thinking of you.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

drash11 - My record is 17 days. If you can do 50 more days than I can, you can start over and do it again. Please don't give up! I'm on Day 2 and I'm glad to be here. I know it sucks. Don't let the poison win!
Old 08-11-2015, 06:28 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Denial101 View Post
These are good things to keep hearing. Telling myself this as well. At 37, I would love to go into my 40s clean and sober and really enjoy the rest of my life. And this is exactly the reason I decided this. A new friend from the gym recently shared that her ex/ late husband died of alcoholism at a young age of 44. he shared the same closet alcoholic addictions as I had…and all I could think was, is it too late? Wow…this could be me. And then there was my uncle who was a terrible addict all his life. He died of liver failure in his 50s even though he'd been sober a couple years before he died. It was simply too late for him, he'd already traumatized his body to that extent for the majority of his life. So why, WHY, would I keep doing this?? I have two little kids, an amazing husband, a wonderful life. Too much to give up. (as a disclaimer, my uncle was found dead in his apartment where he lived alone because he had no children and his wife had left him…wonder why?…and we don't know if he'd started drinking again or not, leading to his death…and what's even sadder is that he'd been dead for a few DAYS before anyone found him, so they couldn't run proper tests to be able to tell…his organs were so screwed up and they think his esophagus burst…so possibly another binge that put him over the edge?…we won't ever know in this life. But I find it sad that he'd led his life in such a way that he had no one…no one to miss him for days and days , and he was dead…)

Don't let it be you! Stop no matter what age your are at, whatever day you're on, keep going!! I'm a horrible preacher- I'm only going on day 3 But I have never REALLY tried to stop before. I'm hoping I'm that strong. Thats why I'm here. We need each other.
Denial101 - I'm only 1 year older than you and same situation. I find out tomorrow what damage I've done to myself over the last 6 years. I'm on Day 2 and sober tonight. I'm looking forward to Day 3 and beyond!
Old 08-12-2015, 02:54 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Day 2 - going through the motions

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
How's it going today, drash? Thinking of you.
Thanks for the thought!
Well I'm feeling pretty miserable. Sore throat due to the last binge. That I've now passed to my 4 year old son. Talk about guilt.

During the last month I had successfully tapered off trazodone and Valium and was medication free and sleeping well for 3 weeks. Then I ruined it drinking a few days ago. Had to take a sleep aid to get to bed last night. I know if I get 30 days I'll probably start to sleep better.

Right now though, I feel like crap. Both physically and emotionally. I feel like crying sometimes but I'm too much of a guy 😊

I'll keep posting though. People here are going to save my life.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hey Drash,

Keep going, these first few days are definitely the worst in every respect. Seems like there is no respite ever. Just keep posting whenever you need to.

And if, like the rest of us, you were always able to find a way to have a sneaky drink, I'm sure you can find a time and place to have a sneaky cry.

No harm in that
Old 08-12-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

You can do this Drash!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 08-12-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

First off well done on those 67 days. You stayed sober through those and i'm sure some of them were challenging.

Use it as proof you CAN stay sober.

I drank again after 87 days this last time. It led to a horrid binge week...But like you i picked myself up and took some ACTION.

I'm past 7 months sober now...I'm not going back...Sorry about the anxiety stuff...I remember that ALL too well.

You CAN do this. Don't try to do it alone. (Never worked for me for any amount of time anyways...)
Old 08-12-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Drash, We've all been through it and can relate to what you're going through. Everything will get better and easier. You are reclaiming your life and getting free. Hoping the misery is less tomorrow.