Notices

It's time Sober Weekender Thread Aug 7th

Old 08-06-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

2wheels, good for you. I'm still waiting for the extra money to be burning a hole in my pocket. Kids always seem to need something. School supplies next.

MLD, I love shopping at Goodwill. My kids not so much because they get bored. I found my absolute favorite winter coat there which reminds me I need to get it relined.

Time to rush around, yelling to get ready. Ugh
Old 08-06-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I'm sleepily climbing aboard. And on page one!?!! Woohoo!
Old 08-06-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Charlie117926 View Post
...... the sounds of birds (blue jays and robins) getting their morning breakfast from my feeders and what a great sound it was. It really is the little things that make someone smile.
Ain't it the truth! Well, that and AC. I'm completely jealous of the 71 degree high. We've got 100+ for the next five days on top of the humidity. August in the deep south.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
...holds the key

El Niņo always reminds me of Chris Farley and SNL.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Neve mind....my iPad tricked me into thinking I made it on page one. Crud.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:59 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm in for a sober weekend-
2wheels...having extra money is great. I never realized how much booze drained my finances.
See you later-
Old 08-06-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Hang on!

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
El Niņo always reminds me of Chris Farley and SNL.

lolz!
Old 08-06-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I added up how much I have spent on booze over the last 5 years as part of treatment. Approximately. New car and a trip to Europe, anyone? Ugh. I did most of my drinking in bars. Scary and shocking how much money used to go straight into my bloodstream. Not to mention legal fees. Life is much more affordable now.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I generally drank at home, but am still ahead about $350 per month. What a waste that was. Now that money goes into my vacation fund Not a waste!
Old 08-06-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I am in.

This had been a very hard week for me.

Apart from losing my beloved Grandmother, spending a lot of time with extended family that I do not care for and usually see about once a year is driving me insane.

I would just love a few hours to myself.

Hoping for a very quiet weekend.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Count me in too! My niece is getting married this weekend so I will be seeing family members from out of town that I haven't seen in quite some time. Some are drinkers... others aren't. My sister has been clean and sober for over 15 years... I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time with her.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 08-06-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Happy weekend, gang!

Been a weird week. I've been stressed and really busy with work and personal business - feeling like things are piling up on me. It's the busy season at work (Aug. 1 marks the date things start to ramp up) so I've been underwater with contracts and presentations. My truck repair is still in the works, mainly because it took me 4 days to come up with the cash to pay my mechanic. They don't take credit cards down here for this type of thing, so I had to go to the ATM every day and withdraw X quetzales per day (my daily limit was Q2000) and I finally got the cash in my mechanic's hand yesterday. He's installing a new engine - well, a used one. Not cheap. Damn.

Naturally, I've been posting and commenting on SR more than usual this week, because staying close to a support resource is important for me when the walls start closing in. I will be fine. Take care of one thing at a time. Repeat until I feel I'm walking on solid ground again.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Tetra:

I have been thinking about you and the loss of your Grandmother. I hope you get the quiet time that you desire. I also hope you have a wonderful weekend, all things considered.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good for you, bigS! I love how you've being proactive in taking care of yourself this week! And that really sucks about the cash stuff...glad you're able to get the engine though.

Money saved from quitting smoking and drinking?? I bought a brand new car!

Tetra...hope you get some alone time soon. Being around family can be exhausting.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ha! Thanks for the video, 2wheels!
Old 08-06-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I'm in. I'm totally doing this and I'm not changing my mind!! =)
Old 08-06-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Weekenderrrrrrrrssss! I love the intro post, Ken. Thanks so much!

(((((Tetra))))) I hope you find some rest and peace this weekend.

So much else to comment on...Mark at shotgun! Woot!

Good luck at your appointment, LBrain.

A big $$$Cha-Ching$$$ for 2-Wheels

Atta girl, Meshelly!

Lotsa love to each of you!
Old 08-06-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Count me in.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Welcome, Casey56! This is a fun, fast moving thread. Jump in with any concerns or talk of bacon.

I was up at 2AM. I seem to not learn that when I eat a bunch of sugar after dinner, I'm gonna be awake from 1:30-3:30AM, every time. Just missed the new thread.

*Ring *Ring never gets old, that's for sure. There are a lot of little phrases I say to myself to keep calm throughout the day every day. If I don't, my crazy brain tends to run away from my body just *that* fast. This simple mindfulness exercise will get rotated back in today! Thanks, Ken. (how long does it take a tattoo to heal?)

I love Goodwill. I can't get a "pile" for $30 any more, though :sadface: Today is the Senior Center's big yearly rummage sale kickoff. I'm going to try to get down there - always fun. They collect stuff all summer.

BigS, hang on man. It seems every time I turn around something is costing me $2000+. That's what money is for, right? Health, roof overhead, food, transportation.

((Tetra))
Old 08-06-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Waiting for the Wireless Internet Dude to show up, and get us connected. So-so Down/Upload Speeds at first, then improvement as they upgrade the Tower line-of-sight in a few months. My experiment of Streaming Video via 'Roku' might be delayed for those few months until we hit 10 Meg Downloads then. First World 'problem', to be sure...

Later, Truck and Trailer to the Car Wash after the Dog Park. Boxes all around, still needing to be unpacked. Nonstop Laundry from RV Camping going last night, and still going this morning.

Ruby2 ~ You got it. The Folks that make Telluride run likely can't/don't live there. I noticed, in the little Deli Parking Lot we jammed my Truck into, a Porsche 'Cayenne' SUV; a high-end Range Rover; and other such Vehicles. Off to the side were the rusted Toyota Trucks, and multi-colored Subarus [from replaced Body Panels]. Folks live 20 and 30 Miles down the Road in Towns like 'Sawpit' and 'Cortez'.

You pass this most amazing ~6 Miles of perfect Ranch Fence on the drive. Surreal. It's one side of Ralph Lauren's ~17,000 Acre Ranch. I watched them pull out this same 6 Miles of white Plastic Fence some years ago, and put in these perfectly-rounded Logs and Posts. They're not the usual Green, or reddish-brown Decay-resistant Wood. They're perfectly-aged grey/brown Logs held to the Posts by Bolts! Bolts, mind you; not Nails or Wire. Astounding amount of Labor and Semi Truck loads of Materials that boggle this DIY Guy's Mind.

Mister [Lauren] Lifshitz, from the Bronx, is worth about $8 Billion, according to Forbes. America been berry, berry good to him.

- Ralph Lauren's Telluride Ranch -