Notices

Favorite Summer Music Sober Weekender July 31 Part 2

Old 08-05-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

congrats on 90 days Casey - that is a significant milestone.

Quorn chile? I had to look up what Quorn is. I wonder if it's anything like soylent green?

Another fine Heston scene... ?

Old 08-05-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Boy ~

All this Food Chat reminded me of my fav Movie - 'Animal House' - and a Scene below from it. In my 15 minutes of Musical Glory, we'd close the night at various Dive Bars with 'Shout'. Folks would do 'The Alligator' on the Floor right on cue, and it was sure bet to energize the Crowd.

Too many Beers being swigged in the Animal House Toga Party Vid of 'Shout', so here's the Isley Brothers rockin' it...

- 'Shout' ~ Isley Brothers -

An uneventful Trailer tow Home today with only a few close calls. Gotta swing way wide to clear Building Gutters, and corners. Gas Stations require Sober concentration, too.

Sao ~ Below is a linked snapshot of Telluride Real Estate. 5 digit yearly Property Tax Bills, and 4 digit monthly Utility Bills in the Winter. The Contractor I worked with on our Retirement House used to drive up there >2 hours each way daily just to shovel Snow off some Mega-Homes during peak Winter Holiday Season in order to make thousands of Dollars/week.

The Town proper is very claustrophobic, and packed into a small Valley. So we popped up to Mountain Village at the top of the Telluride Ski Gondola run for Lunch at a wonderful Deli/Bakery/Caterer. A fun time in stunning Scenery, but not a place we plan to return to soon. Just too over-the-top, vs. our preference for scuffy Mining Towns.

A County Sheriff did a U-Turn right after we passed one another while I was going 10 MPH over the Speed Limit as I left Town. There's an 'instant' Hill that caught me by surprise. I kept hitting my Brakes, and he finally blew by me to bust the Truck in front of me. I just kinda shrugged at the possibility of being Ticketed, vs. being racked with the Paranoia rampant in my old Drinkin' Daze. Thank you Zeus for favors granted...

Quite a shock, going from Sweatshirt Weather while 'Camping' to the 92 F [~33 C] Degree Weather 'down here' at ~6,100'. I'm already Google Earth flying over the next Camp area I'll hit in ~1.5 weeks. Da Wife heads back to Civilization for her Beauty Bender [Hair & Mani/Pedi], and to see Gal Palz. The Forest area of interest has over a dozen Campgrounds, and a ~2,600 Acre Lake right there [~4 square Miles]. Looks pretty Bitchen!

- Telluride Colorado Real Estate Listings -

Old 08-05-2015, 08:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well. Who will get shotgun?

I'm home. I've had a rough evening. Antsy edgy impatient. Too much caffeine I think so I have to not drink any.

Mesa, do actual real people live in telluride? I'm betting people who are not millionaires live elsewhere and travel two hours to work. Kind of sad, actually.

I'm about ready for bed. See you all in the morning for the new thread.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:35 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning guys last song from me will be Mt Edens 'sierra leone'

Thanks Ken & Anna & of course all the posters