SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 3 update (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/372846-day-3-update.html)

Scared1234 08-02-2015 03:22 PM

Day 3 update

Day 3 is full fledged and great! I had a great sleep. My mind feels strong and anxiety free. My aches feel better. Everything is going great at this very moment.

And that's what scares me. The better I start feeling the more cocky I get that I can get drunk tonight no problem..my AV builds with every sober moment.

I am expecting a call from a friend tonight and I already know what he's going to want to do. Get hammered and hang out...We usually end up doing this at least once during the weekend...I really want to tell him that tonight is not a good night...But I also want to say yes come over and lets hang out BUT I'm not drinking sorry! I dont know.

ScottFromWI 08-02-2015 05:00 PM

Great job on day 3! You are absolutely in the right to cancel with your friend too, you already know that they will want to try and talk you into drinking....that's exactly why they are coming over. Don't derail the solid work you've done.

godzgood 08-02-2015 05:21 PM

Keep strong ! I was on day 5 and crashed. Didn't get drunk but had some wine. Everyone told me day 3 is the big step! Hang in there. Prayers!

On The Road 08-02-2015 05:24 PM

Hi Scared - do whatever you need to do to go to bed sober tonight. Remember that each day. It does get better . . .

Dee74 08-02-2015 07:21 PM

congrats on day 3, Scared :)

If I was you I would stay away from alcohol and people drinking it - just for a while, until you build up your 'sobriety muscles' and can resist temptation :)

D

PurpleKnight 08-03-2015 01:18 AM

Day 3 is fantastic!! Keep it going!! :scoregood

Soberwolf 08-03-2015 01:25 AM

Awesome job on day 3

D122y 08-03-2015 01:29 AM

Just short of 3 months alcohol free. I felt like hell on day 3. My bottom was a fifth of whiskey and a vertigo attack.

Terrifying.

I don't think you are done withdrawing yet.

Give it a few more days and the cravings will kick in.

Careful of the binge cycle. Google kindle alcohol.

blueberry2015 08-03-2015 04:21 AM

Congratulations on day 3 the first few days is tough going you have done soooo well! Keep it up! :)

LostLilly 08-03-2015 05:10 AM

I went through that cycle too. For me things just kept getting worse. The regrets, then the hangovers, then the amount of drinking, then things really got out of control and I am left with a mountain of mess to clean up and the trust of many to restore. It was progressive. I wish I would have stopped previously and not had to endure as much suffering. It is also very hard on the body to cycle like that I feel. I am avoiding certain friends and a lot of social situations right now. Maybe that's an idea for the short term. Also trying to reconnect with those who were not drinking buddies.

DariaM 08-03-2015 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Scared1234 (Post 5493840)

And that's what scares me. The better I start feeling the more cocky I get that I can get drunk tonight no problem..my AV builds with every sober moment.

Great job on day 3, scared! I can 100% relate to what you wrote here. I'm always so determined for the first few days so they're not really a challenge and then usually around days 5-6 I start to forget how miserable I felt, how much I disliked myself for drinking.

Sober81 08-03-2015 05:35 AM

Well done on 3 day. You really must put yourself first sometimes. Maybe pull a sickie on this weeks drinking session with him. Think of the money you'll save and how fresh you'll feel the next day.

CaseyW 08-03-2015 09:03 AM

How are you doing now, Scared1234?