Notices

Normal people

Old 08-02-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Normal people

Last night I went to greet my super VIP homeowners here in beautiful Tuscany. They have an amazing home with a gorgeous view. Part of my job is to manage the household staff. I arrived prior to their arrival and inspected the home including the table set for their dinner upon arrival. I pointed out to the cook and housekeeper that there wereno wine glasses on the otherwise perfectly set table. They said "signora, we have set the table as they like, they generally only drink wine when they are having a party, of course we will bring wine glasses is they ask for wine".

I was stunned and also appreciative to discover that wine is NOT essential to a beautiful dinner on a gorgeous terrace overlooking the mountains and full moon.

I was thankful to also, (though less spoiled) enjoy that vision sober.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was surprised when I got Sober about how little people drink or not at all, in my mind everyone drank, but that was only because I drank everyday and only went to places and hung out with people associated with drinking.

There are many people in the world who don't see alcohol as the centre of their social universe!!
Old 08-02-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

^^^^^^^
Old 08-02-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know! Amazing isn't it and a lot easier for us to be around, folk who don't think about booze 24/7
Old 08-02-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am another who was very surprised how little people actually drink. I know people who keep a bottle of wine in the refrigerator for weeks, if months.