Notices

Tingling hands during paws

Old 07-31-2015, 10:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tingling hands during paws

During Paws did any of you experience like a continuous tingling feeling in your hand or foot ?
I'm over a month sober, this just started today on top of the brain fog from PAWS
Old 07-31-2015, 10:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Frana

I have that anyway from a previous condition, so my experience is not much help.

If it's concerning you tho, it's always best to see a Dr?
Old 08-01-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had some weird tingling feelings in the past.
I checked Web md. Numerous possible causes.

They do call out alcoholism specifically. A very common cause is vitamin deficiency. But Web md states it could a severe case of alcohol induced neropathy. I suggest you go to the dr to bexpand safe.

Alcoholism. Alcoholics are more likely to have a thiamine or other important vitamin deficiencies because of poor dietary habits, a common cause of peripheral neuropathy. It's also possible that alcoholism itself can cause nerve damage, a condition that some researchers call alcoholic neuropathy.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It could be caused by many things as others have mentioned. Best to see a doctor if it continues or become problematic.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have had that feeling after drinking. Anxiety can also cause it. My dad could not even walk with alcoholic neuropathy and after he quit drinking things slowly went to normal. I would make an appt with a Dr. and make sure you are eating healthy/taking a multivitamin.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Frana , I'm almost positive that I seen that problem in the tread Dee , put up on PAW's thread or link . Worth a shot to read
Old 08-01-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Frana,

Not sure I have ever experienced PAWS symptoms per se but I did have all sorts of weird sensations (tingling, pins & needles, seemingly randomly appearing aches and pains, elevated sensitivity to virtually all sensory stimuli etc) when I was actively drinking, in the first ~two weeks after quitting, but also occasionally before drinking ever became a problem. In my case, some of it was apparently caused by nutritional imbalances and acute withdrawal, but even more than that, anxiety and reactions to very high level of stress. When I addressed these things, it all disappeared. I second the others on seeing a doctor and getting a physical first; in case they find nothing wrong, maybe look at possible mental health concerns like what I said about anxiety.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I got tingling too. It went away. Figured it was my brain getting better. 84 days here.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My tingling went away after withdrawals. Better getting help just in case.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Could be a whole range of things, if concerned and continues might be good to check in with a Dr!!
Old 08-01-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

I would talk to a Dr
Old 08-01-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frana5272 View Post
During Paws did any of you experience like a continuous tingling feeling in your hand or foot ?
I'm over a month sober, this just started today on top of the brain fog from PAWS
Have you had your blood pressure checked? Sometimes numbness or tingling can be nerve related (as in the nerves, not nervousness). Does it come and go?