Old 02-12-2016, 12:53 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Rinky,

Hope it went well yesterday.

Thinking of you.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Hey guy's

Well I had my appointment and they prescribed Effexor for the depression but I haven't started it yet... How many of you magically feel better just before or right after the doctors.... It happens to me almost every time I'm dreading to go.. then the day of the apt and right after I feel better..... Ha.

But I was telling a friend that I don't feel better long enough at a time for it to count so I'm thinking I'll start the medication tomorrow morning.. I always hate trying a new med... I don't respond well to most medications... I never have.

I know I tried Paxil one time and missed 2 days of work it made me feel so crazy.. The doctor assured me that the dose was small and I shouldn't have any problems but if I did not to hesitate coming in or going to the ER if It's after hours...

I'm still sober thankfully.. that is an every day accomplishment.. You know ,, just one day at a time... I was saying to a friend that every morning I wake up.. you know right when you open your eyes but your not fully awake yet.. during that time I'm always so exceedingly happy that I didn't drink the PM before..

It truly is a great feeling and I hope I never get to where I don't have it. I really do look forward to that every morning. One of the few things...

This stupid continuous cold snowy, rainy weather is awful.. .Lord I hate winter.. we have had more of this kind of weather than normal around where I'm from... I'll be so glad for warm weather.. But I also feel blessed that I don't live up north... Shoot.. I'd have to truly hibernate.... HaHa...

I will let y'all know how it goes when I start the medication.... He said it takes weeks to start getting the benefit from it... We will see I guess..... I hope all of you are doing well and those of you who are struggling... Just hang in there and take a day at a time... I still have to remind myself of that...

I do ok when I stay in the day I'm in instead of worrying about tomorrow. I think about what Jesus say's about tomorrow taking care of its self and that today has enough of it's own trouble.. so don't try to borrow any from tomorrow.. that's the way I understand it.... Oh well... Till later...
Old 02-15-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Rinky,
I would like to thank you for your posts. I'm in awe of your strength and POSITIVE attitude in the face of such difficult times.
We can all learn from you when we start complaining and moping.
I wish you peace.
Holly.🎋
PS: love that you did your own "tummy tap". Lol. 5 liters! I guess your lytes were ok afterwards
Old 02-17-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Yea, thank the Lord... LOL... It was kinda weird.. I'm just glad I didn't freak out.. Thanks for your reply.... It gave me a giggle for the day.... It would be good if I could manage to accidentally do it again if I needed to... It would save a lot of money and time going in to have it done... I hope you have a blessed evening..
Old 03-08-2016, 11:09 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Hey rinky how are you lately?
Old 03-09-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Hi guy's,

I'm sorry it's been longer than it should since I've been on here.. I'm wondering if anyone has any personal experience with Effexor you would share with me.. I don't want advice. I just want to know what your experience with it is or was.. The MD wants to put me on it but I've read many disturbing reviews and I don't need to add any problems to myself.. LOL. I'm just gathering information.

I hope everyone is doing well.. I'd be doing better if I could find a solution to my depression. I'm still waiting on news from my latest disability claim, My youngest daughters boyfriend kicked her out and she is suffering her first sure enough loss ...

That is a story for a different time.. naturally she is having to stay with me.. Lordy... Give me Strength... Ha.. I'll write more later... Love y'all.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:53 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Hi rinky! I have no Effexor experience, but maybe you might try asking over in the mental health forum? I think it is rather common for former drinkers to be prescribed an anti-depressant. Glad you checked in and hope you are well today.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hi Rinky,
I don't have any experience with Exxefor either, but just wanted to say hi and thanks for being an inspiration!
Old 03-18-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
under new management

Hi Rinky, I am trying an antidepressant for the first time, (not effexor) first Wellbutrin, played havock on my digestive system, now on Trintellex which doesn't have any troubling side effects for me.

I can't believe I was so reluctant to try something that has made me feel almost "normal" after so many years of depression and mood swings. Also, my racing heart, sore neck and aching shoulders all went away within couple of weeks of being on it.

I know it can feel scary to start on an antidepressant and deal with possible side effects. Even thought the first AD didn't work out for me, my experience has been very positive. I am really glad that I took the plunge.

Old 03-24-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Hey Folks,

It's so good to hear from so many of you.. My last post I told you that my Daughters boyfriend had thrown her out. That was the first time she's had her heart broken, and so abruptly too.

She is staying with me for now, and finally she is supposed to have a part time job. They haven't put her on the schedule yet so I hope she hasn't blown it but we have all been after her to get a job for months now.

She is acting a little better than she did before she left home. She is immature for her age and pretty much self centered. She has an issue with weed and she takes pain pills when she can.

I try to help her by giving her the best advice possible without mothering her so much.. That is hard to do. She is 19 and of course thinks she knows it all.. HaHa.

I got so aggravated at the depression that I finally started taking The Effexor a week and half ago.. So far I haven't had any bad side effects and it is actually already helping me.. I'm not as quick to cry and quick to get agitated with people and things. I think it is helping my pain in my back and legs too.

I'm only taking 50mgs a day right now. The dose is lowered for people with liver or kidney issues. The doctor said that it would be possible to increase the dose after about 5 weeks if needed as long as I don't have any problems with my liver and kidneys while taking it.

I went yesterday and has labs done but wont have any results for a day or two.. so Keep me in your prayers and good thoughts please. The medication does cause me to be dizzy at times and sleepy spells during the day but they pass fairly quickly.

The funny thing is all the side effects they list to watch for like night sweats, hot flashes, crazy dreams mood swings, stomach upset ect... I was already having.. Now I'm not having hardly any of it now so that's pretty good.

Now about my mother. To make a long story short, She has always been very childish and self centered especially when she's sick and depressed. Well she had a bad chest cold or flu a while back and she is still having a lot of problems from it... But she has had some weird cysts pop up under her skin about the size of a nickel.. one on her lower jaw and a few near her spine and a couple on her lower belly..

They are not real hard like cancer feels. they are not painful and they haven't gotten any bigger. They are just there... she refuses to go to the doctor.. She says if she's gonna die she can do that at home... She has called me every day for a week and keeps asking me .. should she do this or that.. Shoot, I don't know what for her to do.. I've never seen anything like that just pop up over night on some one... Have any of you seen anything like it...?? they move around under the skin so it's not like they are attached to the tissues... ?

I think that is all the latest news.. I still haven't heard anything about my disability yet... Gosh I'd be so relieved if that would come through..

Oh yea that's not all the news.. I went to see my ex husband... the main one. The love of my life and for some reason I guess he just assumed I knew because my current husband used to be our dealer... But he said something about being addicted to cocain and meth right before out marriage broke up.

I said one of us should have been able to help the other one back then but neither one of us did... And he said that neither one of us was in any shape to because of me and my drinking and he said that if he hadn't gotten injured at work and had to come off the road he don't know where he'd be now from doing those drugs....

Now I understand where all our money was going and why he couldn't keep our bills strait ect... I'm still trying to process that whole thing.... He just assumed my husband told me but he had never discussed it... And all this time I felt like maybe the whole thing was my fault.. That I should have been more understanding about male pride and the money and stuff... Now I know what the deal was..

Well I've ran on long enough.. probably wrote too much for one post but there has been so much going on I just had to tell you guy's.. I hope all is well with all of you... I look forward to hearing how some of you are doing... I love you guys...
Old 03-24-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like you have a few things going on in the family Rinky.

I hope you Mom decided to go to the Dr. It may be nothing but living in fear about it is really wearing, not only for her, but you too I'd imagine?

I hope you have a great Easter break

D
Old 03-25-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Hi rinky, thanks for checking in! I am glad to hear that your anti-depressant seems to be helping. And good to hear you are having less sweats and all too I like to think you are a bit more comfortable these days. Glad to hear it, I'll be keeping you in mind as far as your tests- good vibes for rinky

Sorry to hear of the "rude awakening" to the situation with your former partner. I think many of us get the wool pulled over our eyes at times when it comes to the behaviors of others- I know I have. I believe with your sobriety you probably have a little more clarity now so please don't be too hard on yourself while taking that in.

I hope that your mother will be okay. Remember to take care of rinky while taking care of her. you can have boundaries while helping her out. She really should see a doctor instead of relying on you or anyone else for advice, to an extent.

take care Rinky, thinking of you
Old 04-10-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hey guy's ,

Well, I don't know how time gets away from me so much. My Daughter is staying with me.. I think I told you guys that.

Well she got a part time job which is good but she is up to her old tricks again. Stealing from me. I was missing my wallet and found it in her room before she could spend any thank the lord.

Now I have to watch all my stuff again and keep some of it in my trunk and my husbands house.

Of course she says she didn't do it.. Ha.. it beats every thing. There is only the two of us living here.. It really had me upset but I've had time to calm down about it and talk with her Dad about it..

He and I have agreed to talk at least once a week to keep her from trying to play one of us against the other . That is something else she does.

Her half sister. My ex's other daughter is on crystal meth very badly. I hate to know that and I pray that my daughter is not going to follow in her footsteps with what ever it is..

she is extremely immature for her age and doesn't have much caution about her and the things she does.

The latest with my church family is a friends husband died this week and they had know eachother 61 years,, have wonderful grown children. I knew there was such a thing as a normal functional family but I'd never seen one till now.

They do exist... lol... They are so truly blessed.. That's all that's been going on with me... I'm still sober thank the lord Oh yea!! and my Mom hasn't been to the doctor yet and those cysts are bigger... She say's she may go in a couple of weeks....

You all let me know how you're doing some time... Love to all...
Old 04-11-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
under new management

Hi rinky, you sound like you are doing pretty good in spite of all the things going on around you. I am sorry about your daughters. And I hope you mother finds her way to making a doctor appointment. My mother has been gone for many years but she struggled with so many fears and phobias and going to the doctor was at the top of that list.

I am doing pretty good on my antidepressant. I am really, really glad I gave it a chance. I am so grateful to be feeling so much better, physically, mentally, and emotionally. I recently went to visit my best friend on Vancouver Island. I always come back from the Island feeling renewed, refreshed and reinvigorated! I think it must be being so close to the ocean (and, of course, reconnecting with my best friend!).

Now spring is in the air! I came across some beautiful tulips and daffodils the other day. I love this time of year, it fills me with hope

I will keep you and your family in my prayers
Old 04-12-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Hey secondhand.. Boy it's great to read you sounding so positive and happy.. My anti depressant is helping some I think but not well enough yet.. I increased the dose myself just a little and it seemed to help minimally.

I think it may work better when I get on a full dose. I have to start meds slow because my body reacts so differently than most peoples.

I'm praying it works so I don't have to wean off it and try another.. Thanks for letting me know how your doing right now..

Love and Peace to All... I'll write more later.. Trying to do better about checking in...... Till Then..
Old 05-07-2016, 01:55 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

How are you lately rinky?

Are things working out with the anti-depressant?

hope you are well.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:37 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hey rinky how are you?
Old 07-20-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Hey rinky just hoping to hear from you, hope you are well.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:43 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
under new management

Hi rinky, I have been thinking about you lately, too

I hope you come back and let us know how you are doing.