Notices

Dealing with job loss?

Old 07-30-2015, 10:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dealing with job loss?

Well a co-worker has been out to get me and she has finally won. I mean the whole thing is so stupid. I did nothing to her but her boss takes her side and not mine, and basically called me a liar! So now they are getting rid of me I wasn't even working with her for months now, and all I did was mention how she is out to get me to a co-worker that said something to her about it. I haven't even talked with this woman that I had issues with for months either, so it ain't like I did anything majorly wrong. The whole thing makes me want to drink this weekend to make my pain go away.

I just feel like they all take her side and not mine because I'm a guy and being treated unfairly.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Whopper

the worst thing you could do is drink this weekend. If you're sure - really sure - they're getting rid of you, then starting looking for what else is around.

I know it's scary but it's much better to work through it, than give into it and drink - y'know?

There's load of support here - use it - you can get through this, sober

D
Old 07-30-2015, 10:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Whopper

the worst thing you could do is drink this weekend. If you're sure - really sure - they're getting rid of you, then starting looking for what else is around.

I know it's scary but it's much better to work through it, than give into it and drink - y'know?

There's load of support here - use it - you can get through this, sober

D
Yea they told me my last day. And its all because I said 2 words about my problem with another co-worker at work. It wasn't necessarily right, but I wasn't going around bad mouthing her to everyone or harassing her in anyway. I'm not even sure what my co-worker said to her. And then she immediately complained about me.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Whopper.

D
Old 07-31-2015, 12:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Really to sorry to hear about yur job whopper. Your coworker sounds like a nasty piece of work. There's a few suspect ones in my office which is why I never disclose anything about myself I wouldn't want everyone to hear, as gossip travels fast.

I am glad you are posting here though. I stand by the statement that I have never encountered a problem which drinking did not make worse.

I hope you can find some alternative employment. The priority is that you are sober whopper.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry about the job loss, whopper. There are always a few characters like your co-worker in every workplace. Grr...

I hope you won't let this situation drive you to drink, especially as you will need your wits and energy for the new job hunt. I'm sending you positive vibes so you will get through this rough spot quickly.

Delfin
Old 07-31-2015, 01:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry Whopper