Notices

Posting before I drink

Old 07-30-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Don't drink....you will regret it. Instead, stay strong throughout this and you will be grateful. Much respect to you for posting about your struggles.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I hope you didnt drink thomas 11, it definitely not worth it. Im new too and came to this site because I a craving today too. But right now Im eating some good food and trying to focus on other things right now. Maybe go out and get a burrito or ice crem or something, cant be worse than drinking alcohol and feeling like **** tomorrow right? Thanks for posting this though, There are many in the same boat as us.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Tricky little bugger. I just stayed grouchy for awhile and it passed. We have to deal with life as it comes whether we are sober or not, right?
^^^^That, a thousand times over.

It passes.

When I was in early recovery, I found that it was the little things -- and they are little -- that got me. And work can do it to us in some ways like nothing else.

I remember coming home one day and posting how I literally came to a crucial juncture while leaving work. I was at an upside-down 'T' in the road. If I turned right, two minutes to a store. If I went straight, four minutes. If I turned left, I'd be home and would have to go a fair ways out of my way to get to a store.

By the time I got home and cooled my jets, it had passed.