Notices

Who is sober here?

Old 07-30-2015, 11:59 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure PixieD didn't mean to upset you or anyone else Mera

The fact you're here is testament to the fact you want change - and the good news is change really is possible for everyone

D
Old 07-31-2015, 12:08 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sure PixieD didn't mean to upset you or anyone else Mera

The fact you're here is testament to the fact you want change - and the good news is change really is possible for everyone

D
You are right Dee. And re-reading Pixie's post I see that nowhere did s/he say that those struggling were not serious. It was my own fragility reading further into things than needed. The fact that this thread affected me so much says something about ME, not about the OP. My apologies for indicating otherwise with my previous post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wb1jkcKG94
Old 07-31-2015, 12:08 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Mera. Whatever you find that you are up against at any given moment, know that this is a fight worth fighting. Hugs to you. You are doing great work. I'm a 'Day 1 forever' kind of gal, myself. Meaning that I realized in an earlier thread, as I slowly reflected on each back to back 'Day1', an unbroken strand of pearls appeared. I just picked up a bunch of great things along the way that I never want to let go of. My strand of pearls.

You can do this, Mera. Glad you are here.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:16 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

There are lots of people here with long term sobriety! It helps to know it can be done. Glad you started this thread. It's good to see all the people that are where I hope to be someday.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:42 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

This was motivational. More serious now. No more booze in this body since 8 May 2015, ~ 8 pm. I am not a details guy....so almost 3 months. Feeling a little better every day. Thank God for the internet and all of you!

Old 07-31-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
You are right Dee. And re-reading Pixie's post I see that nowhere did s/he say that those struggling were not serious. It was my own fragility reading further into things than needed. The fact that this thread affected me so much says something about ME, not about the OP. My apologies for indicating otherwise with my previous post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wb1jkcKG94

Well now that there is awesome to read! Yup, we alcoholics can be sensitive poeple and it takes time to outgrow it.
I may be ten years sober, but please don't think I have it all together all the time. I can still get buggered up when reading something. I can still get frustrated. I can still have fears. I can still get bouts of low self esteem. FEELING!!!! sometimes I let them control me. But for the most part- for most of the time- they don't. But in early recovery??? I had absolutly no control over it all. I had to learn about the causes and conditions of them feeling. And practice the solutions.
And it is something in me that's the problem when that stuff happens. But today I have a solution.

i can read or hear some of the best stuff from someone pretty fresh to recovery. Also from people with years.
The one thing I absolutly love hearing, whether fresh or sober a long time:
Something new revealed.

Good on ya for acknowledging the problem is with in you.
Sometimes knowing that alone- that the problem is within me- can get me buggered up.
But there's a solution!
ODAAT
Old 07-31-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

The resource of SR continues to be inspiring for the reason that there is such a wealth of experience, wisdom and personal journey, people who have seen it and done it.

It amazes me how alcohol continues to sell the theory that "it's only me" or "my addiction is different" and so there is no solution, here at SR there is no doubt what you're thinking, feeling, struggling with something, someone if not everyone here will have gone through it before and can share from their own recovery.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

please don't think I have it all together all the time.
surely nobody would dream of thinking that, tomsteve????

here's another revelation:
your posts bugged me lots when i first came here.
yep; i got pretty irritated a bunch of times.
now...i look forward to reading them.

guess i've changed some.

okay. that's enough revelation.

i do wish, pixie, you'd reveal what kind of help you were thinking of when asking to see about length of sobriety...you still here?
Old 07-31-2015, 09:16 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I'm newly sober, but I hope to be writing this one day (1 year, 2 years, 10, etc.). I have over three weeks under my belt. Longest time in 18 months. other longest time was just shy of thirty. Next Sunday (a week from this one) will be one month.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:39 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi.
BFTGOG and the program of AA not since the beginning of ’79.
I found it works IF we work it.

BE WELL
Old 08-01-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Well thank you to the "seasoned" sobers for your inspiring words/stories for us newbies. Positive feedback like this is always nice to refer back to. Happy that a few individuals were able to read & comprehend my post as well as take the positive from it. Appreciate the added motivation. Have a fabulous sober weekend.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

4 years here
Old 08-01-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Controversial post for some (maybe), but thanks from me Pixie, it's been really good and encouraging to read all the sober time people have achieved.
Hope to be there posting 1, 2, 3 ............years too.
130 ish days for me and very serious about it.

xx
Old 08-01-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
AA member

Sober for just over 12 years.
Old 08-01-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Sober one day. Just picked up a chip.
Old 08-01-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

17 years clean & sober, thanks to the fellowship & the steps.