Notices

One week

Old 07-30-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I think we tend to forget how good feeling sober is because it had been so long. I remember when I first quit drinking daily (probably 3 1/2 years ago now) and I remember very clearly the first morning I woke up after having had a quality nights sleep. It was like I used to feel when I was when I had to get up for school in my teenage years. It took some time to wake up, but once I did I felt fantastic. When drinking, I would blast out of bed like I hadn't slept a minute, and I did this day after day after day. No way to live a life.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It is true that sleep is one of the best parts. And, it seems, the further I am from alcohol, the less likely I am to hate myself. Drinking and shame go hand in hand, for me. Eight days now. And I'm going to make it last.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

7 days is awesome, hats off to ya! You're doing the right thing by being proactive with your free time.

I literally didn't know what to do with my free time when first quitting and that alone ramped up my anxiety. Now I see how much time I spent boozin' and doing nothing!

Old 07-30-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Isn't it amazing the wasted time, money and life? Thanks for your support. I think the key, for me, really is down time. Too busy to drink? Sounds good to me.