Notices

Class of July 2015 Part 5

Old 07-31-2015, 04:23 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Morning to all on my side of the planet, good evening or good night to the other side!

Entering day 29 for me, IOP therapy session #9 today on tap, still hoping for something good in it.

I also use another self help social website called Sparkpeople.com...it's a nutrition and fitness website and so much more. It's been very instrumental in my loss of 30 pounds since February.

One of the "other goals" that you review everyday if you choose to is just a simple check box called "reward yourself at least one time a day". I check it every day because I seem to always do something to reward myself somewhere in the day.

I can't help thinking it could apply to our journey here as well, so try to "reward yourself at least one time a day" everyone here on SR as well.

Have a sober. solid day, and always remember, you are in control, no one and/or nothing else, so make the right choice!
Old 07-31-2015, 04:26 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Hello everyone checking in been pretty busy here in FL.. Homesick tho can't wait to go back to Cali .
Hey CnGY, both places are very nice though lol. I plan on moving to Cali next year, what part are you? Its going to be a big change but I'm ready for something new & exciting.

Good going everyone, seems like we all are going through the same ups & downs just at different times. That's awesome! I love getting on here throughout my day & reading. I Alwaz find sumone who is going through something similar as I.

Starting day 25 here & feels amazing. I do have sort of a date/hangout tonight at a restaurant I use to drink at(i didn't pick it), and I'm a little nervous. I don't believe I will be tempted to drink, it's just I hope I don't waist time romantising the idea instead of getting to know this guy.

Goodluck everyone & tgif
Old 07-31-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Good Morning to You all I'm new to SR - but not so new to Sobriety . I thought I would just come in & say Hi . I post more on the New to recovery , so I know more of you than the old timers LOL
That makes me in LIMBO , but I'm ok with that . I've been that way most all my life
Congrats to you all - It gets better from here ( trust me ) just always be one step ahead of that Beast & you'll do fine !!
Old 07-31-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Good Day all !! I miss counted yesterday I am at day 18 today! yeah I think I will start a lego project too.

:-)
Old 07-31-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Congrats everyone on nearing the month mark or making it.
Great oberservations Bob. Going through the process at first I would be jeolous to see others drinking. However, if I were to drink like that it wouldn't end at the concert. That just be pregaming before I got home. Being a few weeks in it much easiet to recognize our potential consequences Way to go.

Thanks CaseyW for answering my question on the tape metaphor.

I signed up for smart recovery. Does anyone know how that works? Is the information free or do you need to buy it from the bookstore?
I tried the chat but it won't work on the phone. My computer is about to break. The online Forum seems similar to SR.

Have a great weekend!
Old 07-31-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

I think I need to go buy some Legos today. Great idea.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Originally Posted by letitgo View Post
Good morning,

Congrats everyone on nearing the month mark or making it.
Great oberservations Bob. Going through the process at first I would be jeolous to see others drinking. However, if I were to drink like that it wouldn't end at the concert. That just be pregaming before I got home. Being a few weeks in it much easiet to recognize our potential consequences Way to go.

Thanks CaseyW for answering my question on the tape metaphor.

I signed up for smart recovery. Does anyone know how that works? Is the information free or do you need to buy it from the bookstore?
I tried the chat but it won't work on the phone. My computer is about to break. The online Forum seems similar to SR.

Have a great weekend!
I attend SMART meetings a few times a week. Most of the material is available free of charge in the resources section of the website. You can also buy the handbook which I did as I prefer having a physical copy.

The techniques are nearly all cbt based and it is focused on changing our thought patterns which lead us to use our drug of choice.

I do online meetings as there is no local group near me but they are very good and I'm finding them really useful.

It's definitely worth trying. It's the method I have found that best fits me as a person so far.

B
Old 07-31-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2B84 View Post
I do have sort of a date/hangout tonight at a restaurant I use to drink at(i didn't pick it), and I'm a little nervous. I don't believe I will be tempted to drink, it's just I hope I don't waist time romantising the idea instead of getting to know this guy. Goodluck everyone & tgif
Does this date drink? Do you have a plan to stay sober during the date? I would like to take my family to dinner tonight, and only on day 5. Everywhere we like to eat has alcohol. I'm working a plan for tonight to stay sober, like maybe eating BEFORE we go shopping so I won't be tempted to drink then go home after shopping. And I don't want to shop while drunk...

Great job on 25 days. Tomorrow will be 26! And 6 for me
Old 07-31-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Checking in.

So many wonderful posts. BBB-yay for good test results
BBFree --Much good advice there. Thank you.
Toad--Ditto. Thank you.

It's another beautiful day up here in the driftless zone. Rounding out week 4. (Angd and BBFree, same?) I just got back from pilates class. I'm certainly out of shape and a little stiff but am grateful that my body has held up as well as it has.
Patience (to self). And one day at a time.

Upward and onward. Hang in there everyone.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Day 6 and it's the weekend. Big danger zone for me so will keep sticking close and this time I WILL post before taking that first drink. Taking my daughters to the local water park today ( oldest has a play date there). This is when I would enjoy the day and really look forward to coming home to some wine tonight. My thought process = did something fun with my daughters so drinking wine is my reward. NO AV, not this time.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Congrats on 28 days BobBFree!!!!! I think 11 more months sounds like a great idea! I am cheering you on!
Old 07-31-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

BBB, I am so happy for your blood results! That must be such a huge relief.

Sleepie, I am right there with you with the restlessness and loneliness, and the daunting need of having to fill the void where alcohol was.

Everyone, you are all doing such an amazing job. Teachers, I am excited and happy for you to have your first sober school year. I'm sure the rewards will be immense.

I had two glasses of red wine last night. I wanted to go to the store before it closed to get my usual wine, but my boyfriend said, "You had me dump that out for a reason." I figured I would wait until he fell asleep, like a crazy, addicted person, but by then the store was closing in four minutes. So, I just went to bed. I lay there, hating that all I wanted was wine, hating everything I am and all that I have done with my life, and wishing I had the guts to end it.

I woke up today, glad that I didn't have a whole extra bottle of wine last night. But I still feel lost and ashamed.

I know I need to be sober. I have many times where I am excited about being sober, and proud of myself, and looking forward to fighting off the addiction. However, the times I have where the AV speaks...it seems to win so easily now. More easily than my first try at sobriety.

Today is my third Day 1. Just typing that is...feels hopeless.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I'm joining in at day 30! July 1st was my first day. Things have been up and down but have an incredibly supportive husband who has quit the same day as I did.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Its okay whiteturtle your here and starting again so you havent failed... failing is not getting back up!

:-)
Old 07-31-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jillian2563 View Post

Does this date drink? Do you have a plan to stay sober during the date? I would like to take my family to dinner tonight, and only on day 5. Everywhere we like to eat has alcohol. I'm working a plan for tonight to stay sober, like maybe eating BEFORE we go shopping so I won't be tempted to drink then go home after shopping. And I don't want to shop while drunk...

Great job on 25 days. Tomorrow will be 26! And 6 for me

Thx Jillian for responding! I have never hung out with this guy, so I have no idea if he's a drinker. I'm positive that me being in recovery will come up at some point. Good going on day 5 !! I also have been avoiding the restaurants that serve alcohol. But tonite will be a step to prove I can be there &not drink. Goodluck at shopping
Old 07-31-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Hi all just checking in...

Whiteturtle I have spent the last 18 months on countless day 1's and this is my third class this year. I feel like I am the queen of day 1's but I keep getting back on and so can you Each time I start again I try to think what went wrong and how can I avoid it happening again. What can I add to my toolbox this time?

I am currently reading Caroline Knapp's Drinking A Love Story. I can totally identify with her and it is amazing how many similarities there are in her upbringing and mine.

About half way through the book there are a number of questions to help the reader identify if they have a problem with alcohol... lol... I know I have but to what extent? Well I answered yes to the first 15 questions which puts me in the bracket of the early stages of alcoholism.....good bye to any lingering doubts then....

Its Friday early evening here the sun is out and I am having to be determined to remain sober...
Old 07-31-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Free2b, can you suggest a different location? Coffee shop? I myself would not go to a place I used to drink at in early recovery, too many triggers there.

White turtle, sounds like you might need to get rid of all the alcohol in your house? Mine is dry, thank goodness.

Day 9. So happy I'm almost in the double digits! I have a weekend ahead that I know I can handle sober!!!! Good luck to all!
Old 07-31-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Welcome Linz0510 to our July 2015 class.

So much good information to be used here, glad to see you are at 30 days, I'll be there tomorrow, then I move to counting months...or not counting at all.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

good morning all, day 8. To all those that struggled the last couple of days, don't give up, always keep trying. Always going to be day ones, that's a fact but don't give up hope, you will find a way to make sobriety a lifestyle.

I still have a long way to go, I'm at a little over a week and I already feel fantastic and I'm not as depressed as I was during the beginning of summer. I will post more later on but just wanted to wish everyone a great weekend and hope everyone stays healthy and safe! We are all here for you as support.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Congrats kittycat! You have come a long way in the past 2 weeks.

Thanks BBB. I check out the smart forms. They have some great tools.