SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 1...... I'm a little concerned! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/372418-day-1-im-little-concerned.html)

peanut44 07-27-2015 02:31 PM

Day 1...... I'm a little concerned!

I'm in the newcomers forum because I'm done with the taper. It's time to just do this. I have asked for a prescription of clonodine for my doctor in case i need it. It's a blood pressure pill that helps with withdrawals. I'm in for a busy week with work and I'm wondering if i will have the energy for it.
I admit, I'm scared. Now to see if all the stories are true.
I'll do my best to post my progress.

CaseyW 07-27-2015 02:33 PM

Wishing you the best, peanut. Don't be shy about posting once a minute if necessary. We're here for you.

peanut44 07-27-2015 02:35 PM

Thanks Casey :)

Soberwolf 07-27-2015 02:35 PM

Peanut stick close to SR bud

Congrats

saoutchik 07-27-2015 04:12 PM

Good luck peanut

NestWasEmpty 07-27-2015 04:19 PM

You can do it peanut :)

Hypernova 07-27-2015 04:24 PM

You can do it Peanut, Glad your doctor is on board.

Anna 07-27-2015 04:43 PM

It's normal to be scared because it's not easy. It's great that you've talked to your dr. Please continue to post and let us know how you're doing.

ItWillBeWorthIt 07-27-2015 04:48 PM

Wishing you the very best... stay close to SR to help make it through.

Dee74 07-27-2015 06:07 PM

You had a pretty long subs taper peanut, so I hope all should go well for you :)

D

thomas11 07-27-2015 06:13 PM

I agree with Anna, being a bit scared is a positive sign. Demonstrates that you are mentally committed to get this. You mentioned you have a busy week at work, if you can push through it, I think you will be in great shape. And for me, trying to perform hungover or going through mild withdrawals was nearly impossible. Best wishes Peanut.

peanut44 07-27-2015 08:55 PM

Thank you guys!

Some kind words here. I kind of hurried the taper along and for a couple of days took a bit extra just to get it over with i guess.
I have none left and no where to get any and i need and want to be free from this. I did the math and April 20th, i had a total of 70 2mg pills. I made those last for over 3 months. I think that's pretty darned good.
I have tramadol which doesn't do much but it helps a little and the doctor also gave me ativan if things get real bad. Maybe clonodine for withdrawals. I want to make this as easy as possible. Im still working with rational recovery and i have ordered his other book, The Small Book, so I'm excited to read it.
My right hand person at work knows what is going on with me. She is a recovering alcoholic of 27 years, bless her heart. She's had many sponsees. She knows that I'm titrating off of an opiod medication. I'm just worried what the next few days will be like. I run my little dept so I'm not directly with customers. Not like a checker or something. I'm a florist. I took a long nap mainly tired from having horrible cramps for 2 solid days. Oh the joys of being a woman! =)
I'm feeling ok otherwise. Well see how tomorrow goes.
Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Coldfusion 07-27-2015 09:26 PM

Peanut, it really sounds as if you have the support you need in place. God bless you!

peanut44 07-27-2015 09:44 PM

I sure hope so. My husband and doctor are friends. They have a working relationship and they are both concerned and care about my well being. It's a comfort knowing that is there for me. I have a few rescue meds that i can use if things get bad. I just hope they don't. I want my life back. Withdrawals scare the crap out of me. I know i won't die. I just have a low tolerance for being uncomfortable. I'll post how i fair tomorrow.

notgonnastoptry 07-27-2015 10:05 PM

Good luck!

peanut44 07-28-2015 03:14 PM

Day 2
My doctor called in the clonodine. 0.1. I'm guessing that is a small amount. I went ahead and took a half as I'm having symptoms. High anxiety, goose bumps, yawning, some mental confusion and achy. I'm not sure how much worse it will get. I tapered down to very little. I could've went even lower but 3 months was enough for me. Thank God for the people in my life that accept and understand me with all of my faults. And my doctor is awesome!
Just checking in!

Plure 07-28-2015 03:34 PM

Glad to hear from you on day 2! Those first few days can be scary but you're on the right path.

Stay strong and hang in there! :)

D122y 07-28-2015 03:43 PM

I ate every time I had an urge to drink. Staying full seemed to help.

Dee74 07-28-2015 04:02 PM

Keep moving forward Peanut :)

D

peanut44 07-28-2015 09:01 PM

It's suboxone that I'm coming off off which is a partial opioid, but a opiate none the less. And yes, it is very scary. The clonodine is something I will have to take very little at a time of. It makes me supper sluggish. Should help me sleep and I've heard it works for rls, anxiety and stomach issues.
We'll see.
Here I am in bed at 8:58 because I feel like crap, my husband is out fishing, (we live on a lake), I hate that I put myself thru this. I feel like crying. I never cried once on the 2 years that I took suboxone. Not once. I guessed it really numbed me out.

I have to work tomorrow thru Saturday and then I get 1 day off. I'm hoping by the first of next week I'll be over the hump. Who knows, maybe I'm just having a bad night and I'll feel better tomorrow.

Thanks for listening and lending support, it's nice to know you're here!