Notices

Can I get a kick?

Old 07-29-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Troy,

Just wondering how you are going? It sounded like a rough day yesterday.

Our dog used to start skulking if I was drinking - he knew immediately - probably smelled it. If I said the 'f word' during a drunken rant, he'd take cover under the couch. He was probably wondering why my partner wasn't smart enough to do the same thing.

Anyway, I really hope things have improved somewhat.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey Tooshabby,

Thanks, that was really sweet of you. :-)

Yeah, dogs are awesome, aren't they? They don't know how to lie, cheat, steal, manipulate, take advantage of you, or anything else. They just unconditionally love you. They're also very perceptive, so if I'm in a bad way emotionally, they can definitely sense it.

Both my boys are amazing, especially now that they're older. When they were about 6 months old they were quite the hellions though. You know, the age where they're large enough to scare the hell out of everyone, but young enough to still be figuring out the world and be scared of everything. Not a good combination. They're awesome now though, and all it takes is a look or maybe one word to get them to do what I want.

How are things with you? Doing alright?
Old 07-29-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Aggghhhhhh!! Had a lengthy reply written out and the blasted internet went down and I lost it. Stupid, backward country!!!

Heh heh...I've got a good visual of your dogs as puppies. Yes, they are gorgeous creatures. I adore them. We could never get Martin (aka Boo) our fox terrier to do what we wanted. I swear he used to gleefully give us the fingers whenever he managed to slip out the gate. I don't think you can teach those fox terriers much, unless they want something. Gotta love them for it.

I'm not too bad thanks :-) Particularly today, as I had my front tooth replaced after a drunken accident 12 or so days ago. I have a meeting tomorrow morning that I'm woefully unprepared for, and what's worse, I organised it. I've been working on my sobriety instead as my main priority. Since having found this forum I have hope that I may just have a shot at it.

Well it's nearly 12 pm here and I'm off to blanket street (as my Irish grandfather used to say). If I can't sleep, as per usual, I'll lie there and try and think up some drivel I can spiel off tomorrow and pray that no one notices the lack of substance.

Hope you have a lovely, lovely day :-)
Old 07-29-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

heh, reminds me of when I lost all faith in Christianity. Definitely didn't come from a religious home, but figured it out myself. I remember I was about 8 -- my grandparents hauled me to a church on Christmas Eve. The minister proceeded to tell us that Snoopy (from Charlie Brown cartoon) was a dog, and dog spelled backwards was God, hence Snoopy was God.

That was the end of Christianity for me.

What an idiot. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty confident Snoopy isn't God.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

o.m.g. are you kidding me?!! Do you think the minister had psychosis or something? I doubt there's a Christian out there that would disagree with you on that one, unless I suppose one thinks of God as everything there is. Still, a bit of a tenuous argument unless it was very well contextualised. Cripes, that's a good one :-)