Notices

Survived the weekend

Old 07-28-2015, 03:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

3 am. Been working a very early schedule. Love and hate my teaching job. Almost 3 months sober. What is working for me right now is telling myself that I just dont drink. I hate booze. Used to love it. But, I can not take it anymore. It was ruining my health. I love pizza, ribs, etc. I hate sardines, lemon pie, and booze.

Worked out for about 2 hours yesterday. Moderate to heavy cardio. Watched a movie on Netflix. Sirius. Loved it. But, it won't be for everyone.

My desire to drink is there. I feel it lurking. Yesterday felt a bit like the last time i drank. My physical dependence for booze is long gone. I read some of your all's current posts and it gave me a ton of strength.

I'm religious so I pray a lot. To myself usually. I was in the gym yesterday, feeling sort of bland. This young man walked by. Sort of. He had sickly skinny legs. He could walk, but I could tell they were very weak. I counted my blessings and prayed to myself.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
I used to think I'd miss drinking but it turns out, drinking was making me miss living.
Such a great way to look at it and so true, drinking was making me miss living and being fully present in it.