Notices

Highly Functioning and Highly Dysfunctional

Old 07-26-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome kel nice to meet you youl find tons of support here

I vomited blood more than a few times hospital visits etc messed up blood sugar levels at one point they were doing ct scans to check for wet brain, scary stuff

Im glad you went & got checked out and are here now, you have made a seriously wise decision in getting sober it saved my life

Spk soon bud
Old 07-26-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!

Great to hear you went to see a Dr, but I would get the idea of "highly functioning" out of your mind, taking days off work due to alcohol, vomiting blood and having other physical symptoms is not "functioning" in any way, it's a slow sprial into self destruction.

Alcohol is doing you no favours, it's time to draw a line in the sand and reclaim your life!!

You'll find loads of support here on SR!!
Old 07-26-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, and I'm glad you've talked to your dr. It's normal to be afraid at this point when you think of life without alcohol. But, as many people here will tell you. it's actually quite wonderful.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi unstoppable, rooting for you on your journey and hope to hear more from you on sobriety. You can do this, so many here have, from one end of the spectrum to the other.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by unstoppablekel View Post
Have seen doc and had blood tests. Following up with counselling and possible rehabilitation options tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Whew, so glad you made it to the doc and had tests taken. Based on what you wrote in your OP, if treatment is something you are willing and able to do, I would pursue it. You're 29 and have a great opportunity laying at your feet. Please consider doing the smart thing and take advantage of it. People on this site will support you 100% all day-every day. Spend enough time reading this site in different forums etc....and you will see from some of the seasoned veterans what awaits you if you do not stop. Wishing you the best.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Marlborough sav was my poison of choice and I can relate to everything in your post. See a Dr and get all the support you can. There is no shame in admitting you have a problem, you are very young and can turn this around.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

How are you unstoppable? :-)