SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Just registered... 22 hours sober. Needing support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/372265-just-registered-22-hours-sober-needing-support.html)

rtgirl 07-24-2015 09:39 PM

Just registered... 22 hours sober. Needing support

Hi everyone,
Im pretty desperate and miserable right now. I need to stop forever. I feel so alone, so unhealthy, so upset with myself. I need to stay on the sober path. I need your support. I need a hug. My panic attacks are through the roof. Body does not feel alive. I'm so afraid, sad, lonely, desperate. The disease is killing me

Spacegoat 07-24-2015 09:46 PM

Hey. This is a good place to stay on the sober path & get support. It works.

Sorry to hear that you are struggling. We have all been there too. Welcome :flowers1:

Serenidad 07-24-2015 09:49 PM

Welcome rtgirl! I know the pain you are talking about and promise you that each day you stay sober things will get better. Try to not drink one day at a time...just 24 hours. "Forever" is overwhelming for me to think about although that is my end goal. I find it much easier to break it down into small chunks....24 hours, 1 hour, 5 minutes.....

Hope is found here and the people are amazing! Hang in there. Don't give up. Things WILL get better if you just don't drink no matter what.

Other people will be around before long to give you some great advice.

(((Hug)))

FeelingGreat 07-24-2015 09:52 PM

RT make yourself a nice meal. You'll feel better with food in your stomach. Find a task around the house, or go for a walk or anything else you can find to distract you.
It will get better, and soon, so work out strategies for getting yourself through this stage.

Elodie 07-24-2015 10:08 PM

Hey rtgirl! I'm sending you mental hugs. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. Everything you wrote, I could have written myself a little over a year ago. The good thing is, since I stopped drinking, I've never ever felt anywhere close to that bad again. And I'm not unique in this respect, if I can do it, you can too. You don't ever have to feel this way again. Stick around here, read and post, everyone is so helpful and supportive.

rtgirl 07-24-2015 10:23 PM

Thank you, kind people. I made a berry cobbler and ate the whole thing here in bed. Im so glad there are people out there who can respond to me so quickly. Im glad I thought to google search for some online support. It exists, and real people can hear my cry for help, amazing. I feel better. Thank you for the hugs, I love you people already

On The Road 07-25-2015 12:18 AM

Hi rtgirl - Welcome! You're among friends - we know what you're going through because your struggle is ours.

This site is full of wisdom and resources, so take some time to explore.

You'll want to create "a plan" for your sobriety. There are many methods available, and as you read more here, you'll discover the ones that work best for you.

The best advice I got in the beginning was to do anything it took to go to bed sober tonight. . .

Wishing you well on your journey to recovery!

Tooshabby 07-25-2015 12:25 AM

Hi rtgirl,

I joined a week ago and feel hopeful for the first time in a very long time. Like you, I've been drinking heavily for 15 years. There is a 'class of July, 2015' thread where people who are new to recovery are supporting each other. It's great - hope to see you there.

That berry cobbler sounds delicious!

Dee74 07-25-2015 01:20 AM

Hi and welcome RTgirl :)
there's an immense amount of support here - I'm glad you joined us :)

the Class of July support thread someone alluded to is here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-4-a-9.html

D

Soberwolf 07-25-2015 02:07 AM

Welcome RtGirl youl find tons of support here nice to meet you

Behan 07-25-2015 03:13 AM

Hi RT. You can do this!

I found HALT (Hungry, angry, lonely, tired) a helpful acronym in focusing meeting my needs.

Best wishes,

B

BringingBackB 07-25-2015 03:25 AM

Rt girl. Welcome to SR. Sending you virtual hugs.

Hang on in there. Those first few days are tough but it does get better.

Really glad you have joined us :)

PurpleKnight 07-25-2015 08:40 AM

Welcome to the Forum Rtgirl!! :wave:

catlaydee1to3 07-25-2015 08:42 AM

**hugs**

Hevyn 07-25-2015 09:38 AM

Happy to meet you rtgirl. You're never alone - you have us. We understand your feelings & anxiety. It helps to talk it over.

blueberry2015 07-25-2015 09:55 AM

Hey honey Im with you im on day 3 im feeling that bit better today, i too was feeling very low detox sucks but today im feeling that little more positive. Im very tired at the moment so allowing myself to sleep whenever I need it. Ive been drinking some antioxtant smoothies whether they are helping I dont know but as my appetite is zilch I feel better putting some goodness back into my body. Im taking each day as it comes trying not to make any promises to myself or to others... i cant think about the future without drink I can only think about today and not having a drink today.... and will do the same tomorrow etc... well done for coming this far x

2muchpain 07-25-2015 10:59 AM

You've definitely come to the right place. You probably won't find a resource that is more helpful then this one. Also, forget about not drinking forever. Today you don't drink. Tomorrow you get up and don't drink. It's really hard but not impossible. Every day sober is another day sober. Remember that. John

Angie247 07-25-2015 11:09 AM

Welcome!! :) ((hugs)) It does get better. Staying close to SR and all the support here has helped keep me sober. Making a plan and writing a lot has also helped.

2muchpain 07-25-2015 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Hevyn (Post 5481751)
Happy to meet you rtgirl. You're never alone - you have us. We understand your feelings & anxiety. It helps to talk it over.

Removing the emotional shackles is a feeling I am dealing with. My life as a kid was not that great. Beat up multiple times that I don't understand today. Wanted to kill my dad. Wanted to kill him and just run away. But to me he was a monster and couldn't be killed.
Don't get it. Thanks. John

JerryFish 07-25-2015 11:16 AM

We're here for you. The first part of quitting is the most difficult but it gets better. Often pretty quickly. Take it easy. Eat well. Stay hydrated. Find some distraction.

And... accept the misery. So many people fight it and try to make it go away. But it's part of detoxing and recovery. It's only temporary. But if you feel terrible, can't sleep, get anxiety, accept it. See it as a good sign. It means you're getting better.

Stay away from alcohol and the things you're experiencing right now will go as well.