Notices

Day 5 Fail

Old 07-24-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 Fail

Well it's day five, and I've failed. Was having a great day, did yoga this morning and was feeling good. But I'm trying to buy a house and my mortgage lady called with problems that might lead to me not getting the loan at all now. It was supposed to close on the first of August, and now I may not get it at all. So I freaked out, couldn't handle it, and opened a bottle. I only drank 3 wine coolers, and now I've had dinner and am not going to drink any more so at least I didn't let it lead to a binge or anything, but I was feeling so good about 4 days down and now I'm back to square one. I feel guilty and disappointed with myself, and it sucks
Old 07-24-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Catlaydee - I think most of us have gone through this disappointment. I kept falling back on it, thinking it actually comforted me & calmed me down. It really did nothing but add to my anxiety and sadness. Sometimes we need further proof that it's never going to be an answer for us. You learned something - be kind to yourself and keep walking forward into your new future.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

catlaydee , Life gets in our way and messes up our plans . ( it happens ) it's not the number of days it the not giving up that matters the most . You stopped yourself that's Great just by itself
Your not the only one that falls - I made it 8 months before . As long as you keep on keeping on it will happen Proud of you for holding back on drinking more yea !! Tomorrows a New day - It's all good ..
Old 07-24-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Just move on to your new day 1 tomorrow, don't look back.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey All, thanks. You're totally right Hevyn, while I did enjoy drinking them for the physical feeling, it definitely did add to my anxiety because I felt guilty while doing so. And yes I am glad that at least I was able to stop, that is some consolation. Day 1 again tomorrow, right. Thanks again all...had to get my failure off my chest. *hugs*
Old 07-24-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi catlaydee, I'm glad you posted and that you are back working on your recovery. You will be able to find healthy ways to deal with disappointing days like today.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for the potential bad news I hope it works out.

Take the lessons from this tho - you drank and the problem and the stress are still there.

Drinking solves nothing - it may even add to your problems and stress?

There's some good tips on dealing with stress here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...44-stress.html
D
Old 07-24-2015, 10:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I totally relate to your post cat. For the past year each time I get disappointed, stressed, angry (or, for me, ANY negative emotion) I drank. After a while I realized that when I drank for anxiety, I became more anxious. When I drank for disappointment, I became more disappointed. When I drank for stress, I became more stressed etc etc. You get the picture.

I have been walking AROUND my emotions or running from them for a long time. I always thought that was the easier way until it started really bringing a lot of pain into my life. Lately I have been walking straight through the emotions without numbing them with alcohol and the more I do it the easier it gets.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the house. Maybe if things don't work out the way you want them to it's because God has a better plan for you??? Or a better house? :-)

I'm glad you only drank 3. I could never have stopped. That shows a lot of inner strength! Hang in there!
Old 07-25-2015, 02:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have you revised your recovery plan it really helps

Look at it like this, you were happy with the 4 days sober & you feel dissapointed & guilty when you drink

Dont beat yourself up its happened best thing is to learn from it & push forward

you can do this
Old 07-25-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well, new day 1. Interestingly enough, this morning I feel slightly hungover after only 3 coolers. I would have never imagined that few beers could give me a hangover. Crazy considering how much I usually drink if I'm "drinking" for an evening....It definitely was a learning experience if nothing else.
Thank you all again for the kind words and support.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You can do this Catlaydee!!
Old 07-25-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Nice work - back on Day 1 Catlaydee. You're doing this.