SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Passed a test life gave me (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/372169-passed-test-life-gave-me.html)

JerryFish 07-23-2015 09:21 AM

Passed a test life gave me

It seems to be alcohol week at work... As I posted yesterday, I eat my warm meals at work. Yesterday it was coq au vin. Today... chicken prepared in honey and... Heineken beer. Which used to be my drink of choice.

But it was fine. The taste reminded me of when I was drinking, but in a way that made me never, ever want to go there again. The meal was good, I enjoyed it. But the idea of drinking beer was disgusting to me. It actually scared me. I've become afraid of drinking I noticed.

When I was done eating I quickly forgot about it. And now when I think about drinking I see myself lying in bed with a hangover and I feel disgust towards the alcohol. And I'm actually afraid of it.

Some fears are useful and this is certainly one of them.

So... 3 week, 1 day and moving on.

NestWasEmpty 07-23-2015 09:50 AM

Great job Jerry 3 weeks - 1 day .
Heck I'm still scared after 2 years :( About 6 months ago shopping their was these colorful bottles of juices in the middle of the Isle in the grocery store . I was Oh those look yummy , so I bought a blue one that was Berry flavored . I popped the top on the way home . Took a Big gulp , I got that familiar taste . I handed it "fast" to my friend and said . What's in that ?? He looked at the small print malt liquor ! I almost turned around to tell that store a piece of my mind . Here anyways no matter your age you get carded and taxed on liquor . The check out girl had to be new . I did finally calm down , took me that whole day to get over it tho. Fear is good ..
Your story made me think about that . Hope my rambling didn't bother you :)

JerryFish 07-23-2015 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by NestWasEmpty (Post 5478824)
Great job Jerry 3 weeks - 1 day .
Heck I'm still scared after 2 years :( About 6 months ago shopping their was these colorful bottles of juices in the middle of the Isle in the grocery store . I was Oh those look yummy , so I bought a blue one that was Berry flavored . I popped the top on the way home . Took a Big gulp , I got that familiar taste . I handed it "fast" to my friend and said . What's in that ?? He looked at the small print malt liquor ! I almost turned around to tell that store a piece of my mind . Here anyways no matter your age you get carded and taxed on liquor . The check out girl had to be new . I did finally calm down , took me that whole day to get over it tho. Fear is good ..
Your story made me think about that . Hope my rambling didn't bother you :)

Not at all. :)

PurpleKnight 07-23-2015 10:05 AM

Great job on Day 22!! Keep it going Jerry!! :scoregood

Fly N Buy 07-23-2015 10:38 AM

I think I'd start ordering out.........

Chef sounds suspect, hmmmmmm

natalie661 07-23-2015 11:14 AM

Congrats on 22 :)

Jillian2563 07-23-2015 11:20 AM

Great job! I'm really getting jealous of your meals though 😋

JerryFish 07-23-2015 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jillian2563 (Post 5478929)
Great job! I'm really getting jealous of your meals though 😋

Haha, yeah I can imagine. :) The place I work at believes in feeding your employees well. :)

Soberwolf 07-23-2015 11:59 AM

Congrats on 3 weeks 1 day JF

Hevyn 07-23-2015 12:01 PM

Nice work, Jerry. We commend you! :)