Notices

Stay sober this weekend July 24!

Old 07-25-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Bimini, birds are fun to watch. Sounds like you have bunches of them.
Old 07-25-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Happy to report that I'm the proud new owner of a massive mahogany wardrobe!!
Old 07-25-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 'new' wardrobe Brynn.

I showed mrs the frame and bag thing - nope, she wants something that goes with the room. Once again, this is one of those gonna take a while deals cause I ain't gonna but into more than 30 bucks for a hamper...

But wait, this morning I figured it was time to take down the blueberry netting. As I was working on it there was a robin quite interested in the goings on. And he had some food in his beak. I figured he was annoyed at me that I was too close to junior but couldn't spot him. After I took off the side of the net I saw him sitting on a blueberry branch. Good thing I took down the net. I'm sure he would have found his was out but I think he hopped through the shadowbox fence and was separated from the folks.
Karma I suppose. After I took the net away he made his escape and parents were there with works for him. I think if I had not taken away the netting he would have been stuck for hours or more. Took a photo of the two but with the digital zoom on the little camera it was washed out. Glad to see he made it this far. The neighbor's cat is a hunter.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to the weekender thread toad ie and austin, good to have you aboard.

Is there a drought in Seattle too? I know that California has an extended drought but hadn't heard it being anywhere else.

The floor or the nearest chair was pretty much where I used to "hang" my clothes as a boy Ruby. Hopefully they will grow out of it

Nons, I feel the same way about shaving, it grows back in like - DAYS.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Hey Weekenders!!

Watching a Springsteen tribute concert, my god did the man write some amazing songs!!

Old 07-25-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Old 07-25-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Watching a Springsteen tribute concert, my god did the man write some amazing songs!!
Yes he did A good writer. Another good songwriter is Billy Joel. I really love his songs.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Ugh, what a Saturday. I got up at 3:30 to go to a job interview at 5 am. Am I nuts, or what? This will be a side job to plunk down more money on debt so we can wipe it out completely. A part-time gig.

I just finished a bowl of coconut chia granola with half & half. Wow, was it good!

My husband is so tired from rearranging furniture and cleaning today that he is sacked out on the new sofa and snoring. Lucy is beside him.

It is so stressful to have your house turned completely upside down. I don't like it one bit. Can't wait to get this finished. Someone is coming tomorrow to buy more of the old furniture. And I'm posting more stuff on Craigslist and Ebay.

I am trying to hold on and have patience with my husband's junk "hoarding," but it is really about to run out. Tired of the disagreements and arguments over it too. We had another yelling match today.

Really kind of exhausted and down now.

I need to perk up though because it's my birthday Wednesday. He is giving me one present a day for a seven day birthday fest. Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Congrats, Brynn
Old 07-25-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Sorry i havent been posting. My son and daughter had little league try outs for fall ball. Also my mom and mother in outlaw is at the house and im grilling out. I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 07-25-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Old 07-25-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Brynn, congratulations! Well done!

We're done with dinner and it's finally cooling off here.

I also want to slip in a little info that Olive had TEN YEARS last month! That is awesome, fantastic and wonderful. Congratulations!!
Old 07-25-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Wow, Olive! That's fantastic!
Old 07-25-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

I do have a lot of birds, Ruby. I live right on a river on one side and a greenbelt on the other, with a long corridor bike trail adjacent to my property. Lots of habitat. I love the birds and I'm really sad that the trees right outside my window here are dying so I won't have such an up-close visiting spot. I s'pose I could get a feeder, but my downstairs neighbors really don't like it when I do that. Plus it draws rats. My hummingbird feeder is about five feet away from me when I'm at the computer, so I see all the aerial shenanigans.

I walked to the beach and found my patch of wild blackberries has a lot of sweet ones right now. I ate about thirty-forty of them. I didn't bring the pail, though, and some people saw me up there, and went up right after I left. Drat. I had a secret spot. (according to me.)

I have a bunch near me, too. BUT STILL.

The water was so lovely and clear today - it's been full of seaweed for weeks. I saw the Osprey, but didn't see a hunt.

LB, that's what you need. A hunting/fishing weekend or day.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Hey! What happened to my post about Kim Novak and Yvonne DeCarlo?
Anyway, watch this 2 minute video. If you don't lol, watch it again, if you don't lol, watch it again...

Old 07-25-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Watch the BP Brain...as you know it's no joke.

10 years is amazing Olive!
Old 07-25-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Congrats Olive! You are an inspiration!

Sounds like a neat place to live Bimini!

Hippo....hope you get the job! And oh my goodness! I would go nuts living with a hoarder, but I'm a neat freak which is probably just as bad. If everything isn't 'just so' I can't function. Guess they're both linked to control issues or something.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi Charlie!
Old 07-25-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Hey brynn! Thanks for the post! I saw posts about birds. Im a birdaholic too. I saw a yellow bellied sap sucker today. two groesbecks, a downy woodpecker. A blue jay and cardinals galore.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I've become a bird person mainly because of where I live...wooded lot by a creek. I dont know names of all the birds but I'm learning. I keep my granny's bird book and binoculars handy.

I must be hard up for a laugh cause I'm still giggling over Brains video! Ha!