Notices

I've made an enormous mistake, help me stay calm

Old 07-27-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi! I am sorry I missed this coming up and apologize for not responding sooner. It really, really sucked but I didn't drink over it. The aunt is furious and thinks I'm a total idiot but she thought that before so not much has changed there. The second group of clients (those due to arrive on the 11th) sent a letter from an attorney asking for compensation for the stress and time of trying to change plans- even though we resolved it by putting the first group up in a hotel starting the 11th.
We spoke to an attorney and they said to ignore the letter, we've freed the house from the 11th, we never officially cancelled on her (only asked if she would be willing to move her dates back in exchange for a 100% discount- two weeks completely free, saving her €10,000). At this point if she doesn't show up SHE loses her deposit.
So very stressful but the worst has passed.
Thank you everyone for your concern, it made me feel really good to see that you care.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
p***enger

This is what they call a sober reference -- you've now made it through a time with lots of guilt and fear & bad feelings without drinking and you can look back on it next time you're in a jam, and know that you can do it.

Congratulations!
Old 08-14-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
This is what they call a sober reference -- you've now made it through a time with lots of guilt and fear & bad feelings without drinking and you can look back on it next time you're in a jam, and know that you can do it.

Congratulations!

Thanks for the term "sober reference". It was my experience, and I've often suggested to others, that challenges in early sobriety (and *not* drinking over them) are *good* things for gaining confidence in 'going through' sober. Far better than 'breezing' through early sobriety and getting caught up in the pink cloud.

However, I never knew the term above; so simple and fitting. Thanks!