Notices

Week 2, Day 5

Old 07-20-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Week 2, Day 5

Two full weeks and 5 days. And it's still going well. I hardly ever think about alcohol. I'm focusing on the progress and the process.

Today I'm noticing that my mind is clearing up more and more, and my feelings are gradually turning back to normal. It's exhausting though. I hadn't noticed it before, but it requires a lot of energy. I sleep really well, but the energy it gives me is spent by my body on recovering my brain. And that takes a lot of energy apparently.

Which leads to fatigue and mild headaches. And needing more rest. Fortunately my job is very flexible and I can take time to rest if I need to.

It wasn't until today that I really noticed this and I feel burnt out. But, it's a good sign. It's part of the recovery process.

So my plan is to go to bed earlier and get more rest. My diet is already optimized. All I need is to make sure I pace myself and take it easy.

Man, I'm tired. But... That's because today my body has been working hard on restoring my brain and I regained a lot of ability to focus.

So all is well.

I feel like watching the rest of the episodes of Mr. Robot (highly recommend it!!!) and getting some nice relaxation and distraction.

It may sound weird but I actually kind of enjoy being burnt out and exhausted. That's because they're a good sign. The result of something good. Just like when you're tired at the end of a wonderful day filled with great activities. It's a good type of tired.

And, to be honest, this is a micro-discomfort compared to a hangover and all the misery alcohol causes.

I am so glad to be sober. I cannot put it into words. It is a relief and so much more. It means life.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice job Jerry! Happy for you.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Congrats , beautiful post . It does seem nice to have that clear head . Keep up the good work and that's what I mean it's a lot of work . Sure can drain you , but your post says it all . Wonderful attitude
Old 07-20-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job on two weeks, five days. I'm glad you're doing well and came in to share your progress.

I was exhausted a lot early on and liked it as a good feeling. I was getting a lot done while sober that I'd never have even started when I was drinking.

Keep going
Old 07-20-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Fantastic Jerry!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 07-20-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Fantastic work JF
Old 07-20-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on day 19, Jerry. Glad you're giving your body and mind the chance to rest as much as needed. Keep on this path, you're doing great...

I'm also a fan of Mr. Robot so far. Haven't watched last week's episode yet but am planning on doing so today or tomorrow.