Notices

New here, and hungover as I write this

Old 07-20-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Catlaydee, and hope you stick around.

I can relate as well, except for me it was usually the other way around. "Sneaking" (I'm sure everyone noticed) drinks in the morning and early afternoon, itching for 4pm to come around so I could crack a beer in front of everyone with it being more of a "normal" hour.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome Catlaydee
Old 07-20-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Catlaydee
Old 07-20-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi cat1to3, I can't really add much to what has been said, but what has been said is coming from people who know the drill all too well and it would serve you well to heed their warnings. I read this site for months before I joined, and when I did it was a huge step for me as I had told NO ONE that I thought I had a problem. It was a relief actually. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Cat,

Welcome to the class of July 2015, hopefully on your first step to a sober life.

Stay with us on your journey.

(4 cats here)
Old 07-21-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by catlaydee1to3 View Post
Thank you all for the kind and encouraging words. I definitely have some reading to do on this site. Unfortunately today my head hurts so much from the hangover that I won't be doing much reading (or much of anything, actually). So, tomorrow. I guess if I don't drink tomorrow, that would be my first day. I'm not drinking anything tonight, but that's because I'm hungover so it doesn't count. Anyway, I'm just thinking out loud right now. Thank you all again, I will be back
P.S. @Flynbuy - nope, neither of my parents are alcoholics, but it's obviously somewhere in the family genes as two other of my siblings have or do struggle as well. I'm 42 btw, single, no kids (unless you count 2 cats), and I'm one of 5 siblings. Just wanted to mention that.

Hope your better today!!
Yea, it's a messed up disease - it skips around and it's not unheard of to have non alcoholic parents. The gene deal, I do really know - not a scientist and not sure I buy into the predisposition program. Many of us witness a lot of drinking in the fabric of our childhood, but not all.

Stick around, you'll find some answers and probably more questions.
Glad you're with us
Old 07-21-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

how are you doing today, Catlaydee?
Old 07-22-2015, 05:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the messages! Today I am feeling reallly tired, and kind of foggy-headed. However, I think that might be at least partially due to female "issues" as the older I get the worse it seems to affect me. I'm on day two of that and day two of not drinking. I'm not counting Monday as day 1 since I was hungover. Anyway, feeling ok other than that, I felt pretty bad yesterday but again I think it was a combination of reasons. I was fine with not drinking last night and think I'll be fine tonight mostly because I don't feel great and I don't like to drink when I'm feeling crappy.
However, I haven't told anyone that I have quit, and I haven't been in any social situations yet. There are some coming up that I think I may have to skip. No big deal there except for next Friday I have a guy friend that I haven't seen for years coming into town...not only do I know he will want to go out for drinks but I am also really nervous to see him. So I'm not sure what to do about that one...
Well, time to head to work for me. Hope you all make yourselves a great day
Old 07-22-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Glad to hear you are still out there, Cat!

Upcoming events seem to be causing you some angst, hope you find a solution that meets your needs, no one else's...

As far as broadcasting you're newfound sobriety, you are under no obligation to do so.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by toadie54 View Post
As far as broadcasting you're newfound sobriety, you are under no obligation to do so.
I think with the Friday night thing you should tell the guy friend that you quit drinking, right off, and try to steer the evening to an non-alcoholic festivity. If he's not supportive, you might want to rethink how much of a "friend" he really is.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

catlaydee,
yes, there were events and situations i avoided when i first got sober.
it was at times tough to do, and i wasn't used to skipping things that seemed obligatory.
but i really really wanted and needed to be and stay sober more than anything, and so i kept taking steps and making decisions that would enable me to do that.

you can do this.
some tough decisions will have to be made; there's no way around that.