Notices

Looking for Inspiration

Old 09-19-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Looks like your old thread is still going, but there's a lot of fun threads around Nesty

You might like Whiners Anonymous for example
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-whine-10.html

or the Newbie Bus
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-43-a-19.html

or who knows, this one may blossom

mines nearly over, but what's your weekend looking like?

D
Old 09-20-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Thanks for the links Dee ... Still contemplating on what I will do .
Old 09-21-2015, 04:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

I had a love of Bald Eagles since I was very young . I found a sites on the web 3 years ago were you can watch Live eagles nesting 24/7 . My pair of Eagles just came back to their nest . They will be rebuilding & preparing for the new little eaglets . It sure pass's the time , be careful though . You can become attached & addicted .. It's a Good Thing )
This song is one of my favorites .https://youtu.be/Wb9By-lODgk

When I get a chance I will find a link to the sight I watch . Until then it's fairly easy to just Google & there's all kinds of live animal cam's . I was thrilled when I found out . Past a lot of long hours during the day in my early recovery
Old 09-21-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Welp I said I would come back - here is the link to the nest I watch : Berry College Eagle Cam #1 on USTREAM: Be aware of fake USTREAM account holders trying to answer questions about Berry and/or the eagles - even if the name...
Not really a link cause as usual I'm lacking in ways to put some links in LOL
They have been bringing in sticks & twigs , fresh grass . This is one of the funnier parts to me. Places the ( furniture ) in just the right place

If I'm wrong in putting this link in " Please delete !!
Old 09-21-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Originally Posted by NestWasEmpty View Post
Welp I said I would come back - here is the link to the nest I watch : Berry College Eagle Cam #1 on USTREAM: Be aware of fake USTREAM account holders trying to answer questions about Berry and/or the eagles - even if the name...
Not really a link cause as usual I'm lacking in ways to put some links in LOL
They have been bringing in sticks & twigs , fresh grass . This is one of the funnier parts to me. Places the ( furniture ) in just the right place

If I'm wrong in putting this link in " Please delete !!
This is the new link - the site was moved livestream.com/berrynest1/cam
Old 09-23-2015, 03:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Talking Pet Ideas ?

Hey all you SR'ers I'm always on the lookout for Fun inspirational ideas to find ways to over come the loneliness , boredom , even isolation that some get in their sober recovery . I must add anxiety & depression . For I suffer a little of both .
I know there are a lot of places were you if you rent that don't allow for pets . Mostly cats & dogs & your looking for some type of companion . Of course you have your typical small pets ie: hamster's , Ginny pig , fish ext .. the only thing with these that they aren't very interactive with you or trainable ( so to speak ) .
Well I wanted to share a pet idea - that many never consider . Beware you may be freaked out or say Awww to cute !! Here goes : Ratties
https://youtu.be/O_aT2kIxHdQ
I owned 2 years ago , which I bough for my children . They brought so much Joy to the family . So remembering those great times . I have recently purchased another one . Their happier with cage mates , but I wanted to start slow. In a matter of a week or two I will be getting her ( Mz Pepe ) a room mate

Feel Free to add your favorite *Unusual* pets or ideas - that make or made your days a Little Brighter
Old 09-23-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm allergic to Guinea pigs I find them adorable my friend had a snake growing up a tiny grass snake that his mum accidentally hoovered up

My other friend had ferrets I can't stand them cute on tv but scratch like heck lol
Old 09-23-2015, 04:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

SW I've always liked ferrets too, but they can get stinky & known to bite . Friends of mine owned some . It was like enjoying the visit with the kiddies , but no thanks - I can't babysit LOL .
Being - that I was farmers daughter & having boys , I've had a few snakes in my life I learnt not to be afraid of them , never knew a little ole grass snake bites !!!
Old 09-23-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NestWasEmpty View Post
I had a love of Bald Eagles since I was very young . I found a sites on the web 3 years ago were you can watch Live eagles nesting 24/7 . My pair of Eagles just came back to their nest . They will be rebuilding & preparing for the new little eaglets . It sure pass's the time , be careful though . You can become attached & addicted .. It's a Good Thing )
This song is one of my favorites .https://youtu.be/Wb9By-lODgk

When I get a chance I will find a link to the sight I watch . Until then it's fairly easy to just Google & there's all kinds of live animal cam's . I was thrilled when I found out . Past a lot of long hours during the day in my early recovery
I was at my sister's cottage in Canada this Summer for 2 weeks. Most days would see some birds of prey circling high up, which were hard to identify, but when they occasionally came lower I'd see were Turkey Vultures. Extraordinarily ugly up close, but beautiful from a distance.

On our last morning we all piled into canoes and kayaks for a final trip across the lake. About half way across, seemingly out of nowhere an enormous, mature Bald Eagle swept past in front of us. No more than 20 metres away, skimming the surface of the lake. One of the most breathtaking sights I've ever seen. We were all too stunned to reach for cameras, but luckily my two daughters got a good look as well. Something to tell all their friends here in the UK about. I can't believe how lucky we were to see that. Totally understand your life long love of them.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Thanks for sharing Opentuning What a thrilling story ! That's one of my life's dreams to see one up close -: ) Yes pic's would of been nice , but what a beautiful memory that will be
Old 09-23-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Rats are cool. We've had two over the years. And not smelly at all. I've had two Guinea Pigs too. They are awesome pets but a complete mess.....they come by their names honestly. 1 hamster, 1 rabbit. Done with critters. I have 2 dogs and a cat now....that's it for me. When they're gone, I'm done. We had kind of crisis last night when we realized our 10 yr old male cat might be female? Can't be right? Vets would have noticed this? Made for a good laugh.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
Rats are cool. We've had two over the years. And not smelly at all. I've had two Guinea Pigs too. They are awesome pets but a complete mess.....they come by their names honestly. 1 hamster, 1 rabbit. Done with critters. I have 2 dogs and a cat now....that's it for me. When they're gone, I'm done. We had kind of crisis last night when we realized our 10 yr old male cat might be female? Can't be right? Vets would have noticed this? Made for a good laugh.
Oh no for 10 whole years Wow . Now you have me curious , having kittens ? Yes vet should have seen something different LOL I know rats are very clean , plus if you put the work in they can be litter trained .
I have a 13 year old lab , her health isn't that good . Figured I would get another pet - to help me through when the time comes .