Notices

Its just never going to happen...

Old 07-16-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
(((enfin))); talk to us.
Hey... I am keeping in touch this time ! Smashed day 1.... even at an alcoholics party didn't drink!!!

It's when I stop posting things go wrong then I ignore SR as I feel so guilty and I know it would stop me drinking ...

didn't delete the app though so I knew deep down I'd be back and trying again.. sigh!
Old 07-16-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nowsthetime View Post
What happened?
That time it was going on holiday with some friends... we just couldn't hack the effort of being sober when they drink....

Gave up again in November till Xmas day, then news years day till February. ...

Each time it was tired, excited and given free booze.. and just like that the floodgates open... most of the time it's ok, drink a bit here a bit there, but it builds up over time... and last night was about 12 pints of 'fun' culminating in messaging totally inappropriate people as I wanted to feel something. .... not good....
Old 07-16-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Alcohol is so ingrained in my life, in society, in everything , I am just never going to be able to give it up. Yes I've tried, I have followed all the advice, done all the things, read the books, tried real hard... but then I drink again as I believe I like it, and can't live without getting drunk... its not always mega drunk, but every now and again its a total wipeout....... I don't think it will ever end until I die. I am so sorry to come on here and be negative, but I know there are some awesome, strong and amazing people in here, some who can live without it, and I feel so totally alone that I just wanted to connect... the tears are rolling down my face in self pity that I am not strong enough to quit and stay quit.... I don't know where to start this time, and I know I will fail, so whats even the point... but thanks for being there, and well done to everyone who has beaten this, that kind of freedom in unimaginable.
No, believe me when I say you are in the grips of alcohol. Stop for a day. Then another day. As the days pass, the grip gets less. Then you will know you can go without alcohol. If you relapse, try again. Everybody struggles. You can do it! There was a time when I could not imagine being sober 30 days. I am past 6 months now. Keep trying!
Old 07-16-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi enfin. I just read your whole thread for the first time - missed it last year. The most helpful things have already been said - I can only agree & reassure you that this can be done. I drank 30 yrs. It was such a part of me - I didn't know how to celebrate, or grieve, or deal with anything if it wasn't in my system. You can get free and turn it all around. I have over 8 yrs. now.

Please do keep posting. I wasn't sober when I first joined. It took me a few months. I kept reading & posting - eventually all the great advice 'took'. I had to be ready. Sounds like you are. Very glad you came back to talk things over. We are with you.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

You're post made me feel not alone. I understand where you are coming from as I find myself in the same predicament. Let's try to stay strong and find comfort where comfort can be found like SR. All the best to you today!
Old 07-17-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thank you... you are all very kind and supportive! It's only day 2.... plenty of commitment still left and it's easy for a while isn't it! Need a plan for when this bit wears off....