Notices

struggling

Old 07-16-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Day 103 is fantastic!! You can do this!!
Old 07-16-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

hi MM, I followed your thread daily (the one that had many pages) when you were going through those difficult times. It was inspiring, and felt very genuine. Its unfortunate you are having the cravings, but we believe in you. I don't like the fact that you are facing an ultimatum with your wife, but its not my business and I don't know the history. But doing something under a "threat" just doesn't sit well with me. Long story short, I am with you man, you have my support all the way.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Sorry for your woes MM -

As you've probably heard meetings alone will not keep us sober. At least this is what I hear over and over from many friends and believe.

If you haven't you might consider reading the Chapter to the Agnostic. Sitting in meetings is nice and good fellowship, but it is indeed step work that removes the obsession to drink.

Maybe pursue other options as folks here have suggested if AA isn't your deal. It's not for everyone, that's for sure and SR proves daily there are other ways.

Well done on 103 days My Man!

Keep posting@
Old 07-16-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Something to consider -

I am not religious. I put off step work for my first 3 months because of this, but I was miserable. So I started doing the steps because I figured I had a lot more to lose by starting to drink again than I did by trying something that seemed like it worked for a lot of other people.

I did the steps. I still stayed true to myself. The cravings started to go away. I started to feel better; more comfortable in my own skin. I haven't had the urge to drink in years.

What have you got to lose by finding a sponsor you click with, and just trying the steps? Open-mindedness and willingness will get you far in recovery, no matter what you chose to do.