Notices

Stay sober this weekend July 17th until...

Old 07-16-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm in. Great to see everybody this morning. Time flies... Seems just like we were just here at this same point last week!

Got a big trip to our Little League State Baseball tournament with my 10 year old son who is playing this weekend.

Thoughts of drinking on the trip had been popping up in my mind the past couple of weeks.

Thanks to a lot of reading here at SR and this community, my mind is straight again!

Thanks to everyone and hope we all have a great and sober weekend!
Old 07-16-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm in!
Let us know how it goes, brynn. I relate to being so much more ambitious, motivated, and productive. Good for you for taking the GRE. Good luck!
ruby, have a great day. ..you deserve it.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hola gang.

Back in Guatemala, the Land of Eternal Spring. Happy to be home and getting back on the horse with work. Planning some minor gardening updates this weekend but aside from that I'm going to chill out and enjoy the beautiful view from the roof. I also plan on taking a hike this weekend up some large hills over the local town, more great views will reward me.

Had a great time last week visiting family in the USA. Honestly, it was the best visit home I'd had in YEARS if not a decade. I'm firmly sober and have my act together and it felt so good to participate in family activities again. In my mind I used to be the "black sheep" and then moved on to being the "recovering addict". My family never thought of me that way - it was just something I internalized. Glad I've been able to shed those thoughts and just be ME. I also spent some wonderful, valuable time with my niece and nephew - they are just 3 and 1 years old, respectively. We did finger painting, played baseball, went on an old fashioned trolley ride in the historic district, went to birthday parties, and I even picked them up from their little school (with my mom).

Back to work now. Working on some projects to help entertain the young students that use our website, should be fun. Ciao for now!
Old 07-16-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Another weekend already? Time's just flying by... Count me in!
Old 07-16-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Beep! Beep! I'm hoppin' on the Sober Weekend Bus!

Old 07-16-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Hang on!

I'm in. Let's get this bus warmed up. It's Thursday already.

Old 07-16-2015, 07:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hopping on and rushing to my seat,

Good day one and all, both regular passengers and new.

Just sat through one of our regular monthly staff meetings, the agenda of which, is mostly Guano (this is my new favourite word. I shall use it like American troops used Fubar during WW2). I experience the meeting as mostly Guano as it's the same topics, the same way of speaking about them, and the same agenda's every month. I mostly switch my brain off.

Although my brain was given a wakening jolt when my boss announced his imminent retirement!! I have had some difficulties with him as a boss. He can be forgetful, disorganised, and ever tangential in speech and actions. He is, however, a very kind, understanding, and sometimes wise man. He will be sorely missed. Some of us have understandable anxieties of who will replace him. I have no interest in that role myself, as the higher up you go, the less work you do that you were actually trained for.

When drinking, I would have been hungover in this meeting and would now be disabled by fear and dread of the future, focusing on what possible catastrophe lies ahead or overly suspicious of the intentions of others. I now try to remain zen in a situation over which I have little, if not no control. I just focus on doing the best job I can by looking after my well being and fostering healthy relationships with my colleagues.

In other news, I heard some distinctive creaking noises coming from the roof of my house on several occasions last night. I did not sleep with the light on.

B
Old 07-16-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm in!
Old 07-16-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Im in Wease. Just found out my wife is leaving town this weekend with the kids for her fathers burthday. Im only three days in. Its not the best scenario but i cant leave town with them. Im gonna need the weekender support for sure.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm in again. I was able to stay sober last weekend but blew it during the week at the cottage. Back to day 2 today and am looking forward to a long break from drinking. Have a great sober weekend everybody.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Happy Pre-Friday!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
sex scandel.jpg (71.0 KB, 60 views)
Old 07-16-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I'm most definitely in for another amazing sober weekend.

Off work today. No big plans besides a meeting tonight and replacing a bicycle pedal at some point. I'm sure I'll spend plenty of time here on SR. I always do.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi! In!

Old 07-16-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Behan View Post
Hopping on and rushing to my seat,

Good day one and all, both regular passengers and new.

Just sat through one of our regular monthly staff meetings, the agenda of which, is mostly Guano (this is my new favourite word. I shall use it like American troops used Fubar during WW2). I experience the meeting as mostly Guano as it's the same topics, the same way of speaking about them, and the same agenda's every month. I mostly switch my brain off.

Although my brain was given a wakening jolt when my boss announced his imminent retirement!! I have had some difficulties with him as a boss. He can be forgetful, disorganised, and ever tangential in speech and actions. He is, however, a very kind, understanding, and sometimes wise man. He will be sorely missed. Some of us have understandable anxieties of who will replace him. I have no interest in that role myself, as the higher up you go, the less work you do that you were actually trained for.

When drinking, I would have been hungover in this meeting and would now be disabled by fear and dread of the future, focusing on what possible catastrophe lies ahead or overly suspicious of the intentions of others. I now try to remain zen in a situation over which I have little, if not no control. I just focus on doing the best job I can by looking after my well being and fostering healthy relationships with my colleagues.

In other news, I heard some distinctive creaking noises coming from the roof of my house on several occasions last night. I did not sleep with the light on.

B
Mr. B... reading this I am so filled with joy. You are truly an example of how to get sober and live sober. Congrats my friend!!!

And no one would blame you for leaving the light on. When I first moved to main many years ago I was not used to how dark it got and living out from people. I had the lights on inside and out! LOL
Old 07-16-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Count me in Weekenders!!
Old 07-16-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Charlie117926 View Post
Im in Wease. Just found out my wife is leaving town this weekend with the kids for her fathers burthday. Im only three days in. Its not the best scenario but i cant leave town with them. Im gonna need the weekender support for sure.
Hey Charlie, Glad you joined and spoke up about the challenges ahead. What is the plan? How will you address cravings?

When I feel like I need extra support I post a lot. so feel free.

I also try to hold myself accountable in new ways... Like you have done to us already.

Remember that urges and not real until we actually do something to make them real. You won't die from not following your addictive voices instructions. I can guarantee you no one has ever been harmed by not giving into a craving.

List out your activities you want to do. When friday arrived for me I used to suddenly forget all that I listed to do the monday before. That left me with only one option in my mind. I dont do that anymore. I list things out when I feel weak.

Ken
Old 07-16-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Timeforchange18 View Post
I'm in again. I was able to stay sober last weekend but blew it during the week at the cottage. Back to day 2 today and am looking forward to a long break from drinking. Have a great sober weekend everybody.
Welcome back! Then let's get you safely to day 6 shall we!
Old 07-16-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2WheelsGood View Post
I'm in. Let's get this bus warmed up. It's Thursday already.

Hey 2WG... how are you? Got a plan for the weekend? Welcome to SR and the weekender!
Old 07-16-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
I'm in!
Welcome!!! and let us know how you are doing!
Old 07-16-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I am in!

Glad you had a good trip home Big S.

This is going to be a bittersweet time for me. I work with the nicest people. My contract ends at the end of August. Today I was at my computer and one of the girls came over and said "mind if I have a word?" I admit that my first reaction was to think "what have I done now?" She said that they want to treat me to a special dinner next month. She said "we chose Rouge, the fancy French restaurant because you look a bit Parisien with the short hair, striped shirts, earrings and red lipstick. You can even order the steak and creme brulee" hehehe
I will be sorry to leave here but to look on the bright side, I've made some amazing friends and I've met some nice people.

I admit that I was so excited about house-sitting for my Grandmother and having the house to myself. And it has been pleasant. However it does get a bit lonely. Especially at mealtimes. However I got myself some steak for dinner tonight. Going to put my feet up and watch TV. Maybe give myself a face mask and do my nails.

Here's to a good weekend!