Notices

7th of the 7th Abstainers RIP London victims

Old 07-14-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

7th of the 7th Abstainers RIP London victims

(i’m writing this offline n will paste, as keep doing online n losing it when posting)
So here I am, all good, day 9 commencing...
My last day of booze was 6th July, so my abstinance started 7th July, the London bombing anniversary, another reason to succeed. (As in doing it in memory of them)
So anyone else who stopped then wanna join in.... come on in..
I’m feeling good, sleeping better, but still feel my body is expelling remnants of alcohol from its extremities.
I’m lost of an evening, so need to find a hobby to help me through my witching hours.. tv n early bed at moment.
My biggest prob is almost everything I do/did was mixed up with alcohol, so i’m being a bit of a hermit at mo. Once i do go out I’ll drink soft drink n be the driver, I NEVER drunk n drove ever so i’ll be ok.
Cravings still bit of issue of nighttime, a 5mg (prescribed) valium helps, but cant take the naltrexone, thought was gonna kill me, have another docs appt to discuss doseage/alternatives..
Hope everyone on my journey with me doing well
Old 07-14-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you Ronker on 9 days! fantastic.. hang in there, you are not alone here!
Old 07-14-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Ronker. Good job on day eight. You can do day 9. I had to learn how to live my life without alcohol but I'm doing it, one day at a time. Everything I did was entwined with alcohol. Reading? Glass of wine. Cooking? Ditto. Mowing the lawn? A beer, before during and after. I had to slowly and cautiously break the association and create new ones. You can do it. Hang in there.