SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   My nightcap... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/371382-my-nightcap.html)

Nuudawn 07-10-2015 11:01 PM

My nightcap...

5th sober day coming to a close. After work tonight...my coworker asked if I wanted a glass of wine. Yup, I sure did..but I chose not to. So on my way home I stopped off at a local coffee shop for a strawberry banana smoothie (mostly so I could use their free wifi lol..but the shake is good!) So this is how I will wind down my day....

My AV was trying to tell me that the glass of wine after work is never usually the problem as I often have one or two and that's that...then go home to bed (sometimes not though).. anyhoo.. it was giving me a good arguement. And that's the problem I have, it might be one tonight and tomorrow night...but on my day off Sunday... my plans might include nothing better than getting hammered and accomplishing nothing....or worse getting myself in all kinds of the trouble I have been lately.

I just discovered when I picked up my phone after shift, that one of those problems just sent six text messages while I was at work..and called....wanted me to join him at a local watering hole.

Well..that was a good enough reminder as to why I am choosing to forgo the after work wine in favour of a strawberry banana smoothie.

Good Lord I'm looking forward to reclaiming my dignity and decorum.

As I said in another post, God Bless "Tim Horton's..and their free wifi".

Verte 07-10-2015 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nuudawn (Post 5461047)

Happy night, Nuu. :) 5 days without drinking is definitely moving forward in a great way.

Hey, you will appreciate this. My new favorite treat for me: homemade salt or sugar scrubs (as in body scrubs). A little bit of a heavenly treat for the summertime.

Hang in there, friend. You are doing good work. :flower5:

MythOfSisyphus 07-10-2015 11:59 PM

Great choice!:scoregood

Mags1 07-11-2015 12:21 AM

Hi Nuudawn, you chose the right drink.

You Kick that av in the butt, yay.

isabelles 07-11-2015 12:46 AM

Jippieee, well done !

ccam1973 07-11-2015 01:50 AM

Great job on 5 days sober Nuu. Time to get back to where you deserve to be.

Soberwolf 07-11-2015 03:05 AM

Congrats NuDawn

Hawkeye13 07-11-2015 04:24 AM

You made the right choice Nu--
It's great seeing you here again, by the way
I missed you :grouphug:

TroubledJoe 07-11-2015 04:30 AM

You made an excellent choice :)

Huge congrats on not giving in to your AV's argument. They can be persuasive as hell, especially in the beginning.

You're doing great.

sg1970 07-11-2015 04:33 AM

Hang in there. You are off to a great start. Nothing wrong with treating yourself to those kinds of "nightcaps".

HeartsAfire 07-11-2015 05:56 AM

There's the Nu I know!!! Congrats - that's no small feat!!

:cheer

Bird615 07-11-2015 06:06 AM

I remember you from my time here before.
I am happy to see you are back!
:wavey:

dwtbd 07-11-2015 07:14 AM

Nuu :)
5 days, smoothie nightcap, awesome. Try the tact of having reclaimed dignity and decorum, be comfortable in it , don't let the AV try and convince you that they are not already yours to keep. Dismiss the idea that you can't have them right now but instead have to put in some insurmountable amount of time to achieve , claim it right now and don't give it up.

Venecia 07-11-2015 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Nuudawn (Post 5461047)

No one thing can deprive you of your dignity, dear Nuu.

You, though, are the one who can claim it in its fullness. Your SR family is here to support you.

I'm glad you're back.

SoberLeigh 07-11-2015 08:06 AM

It is so nice to have you back, Nuu; each time I see your name in the thread 'line-up', I smile.

Great job on 5 days.

CaseyW 07-11-2015 09:19 AM

Congrats on day 5, nuudawn. So glad you're back here with us.

Nuudawn 07-11-2015 10:25 AM

I could say I forgot how amazing the support and fellow spirits here are...but that would be a lie. I didn't. And thanks dwtb and Venecia for noting that reclaiming dignity and decorum is not perhaps a future thing but is an actual thing one chooses or claims when they choose sobriety.

I'm house sitting in town this weekend which is perfect since I am very close to available wifi for day 6 and 7 back in sobertown. It's lovely to be back. Moving into my own place was both a blessing and a curse. I absolutely love living out in nature...words can't express how much I do..but it was the first place of my own in a few years. It wasn't my boyfriend's or my mother's or my sisters..it was mine. I felt like a teenager whose parents went away on vacation...and I decided to do whatever the hell I wanted with the intention of it being...hmmmm... a week or so. Ya...we all know how that goes.

Anyhow, the sun is shining and I'm darn happy to be here (compliments of McDonald's wifi today lol)...bright eyed and bushy tailed. Well..hey there's one things about wifi being so darn precious...it gets a girl out of the house!!! There are a couple of hotel bars around that offer free wifi....previously when I wanted to use my laptop while out and about...it was awfully easy to justify just stopping for a bite and a glass of wine or two or 3. ..which is incidentally waaaaaaay more expensive than a coffee and a muffin.

No wonder I went through my "sobriety savings" so quickly!

happyandfree 07-11-2015 06:25 PM

Yay Nuu! Hey, you sound good, girl. :c011:

DuhDave 07-11-2015 09:29 PM

I'll take a "Coffee and a Muffin" anyday...now that I'am sober.

You'rs truley,

"Stud Muffin" :dee

:lmao

DD

GroundhogDay 07-12-2015 05:58 PM

Good job, Nuudawn :)