SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Just saying "hey" (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/371311-just-saying-hey.html)

Nuudawn 07-09-2015 03:23 PM

Just saying "hey"

It's been awhile since I had anything to say around here. Don't really have too much to say now. Been falling down drunk a fair number of times since this past Easter. All the money I'd saved...dwindled back to zero. This is a hard thing to say in the sense..that it wasn't all horrible ya know? As a matter of fact, I woke up this past Monday morning with some fellow drunkard I met at the beach ..knowing I had to quit drinking again but absolutely terrified that I just didn't want to...cuz some..and truly only a small percentage was fun.. I met people who I wouldn't have otherwise..truth be told they are all really nice people..but drunkards just like me.

I'm living a bit off the grid..no internet currently. I'm at a public library. I'm 4 days sober. I'm actually pretty happy in a lot respects. I don't even know how to freaking explain that.
But I'm better than what I've been doing...that I know.
I've recently taken up kayaking...love it.
And well winter is coming and where I live? I will end up freezing to death in my own cabin if I don't sober.
Right
Now.

Kaneda8888 07-09-2015 03:32 PM

Hey Nuudawn

Great to hear from you ! For us alcoholics, sobriety is a choice in a way. From my experience, I eventually chose sobriety as I wanted to be sober more than I wanted to drink. It sounds like you're sitting on the fence a little but leaning towards sobriety. Are there any AA or similar type support groups near you ? Maybe go into the rooms and simply listen. See if there is anything that resonates with you at first. Stay safe and healthy. SR will always be here !

CaseyW 07-09-2015 03:37 PM

Glad you checked in, Nuudawn, and congrats on four days. I second Kaneda's suggestion to maybe look for some face to face recovery if you only sporadic access to this board. There's a lot of power in the simple act of one addict helping another.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers tonight...hope you check in as often as possible.

Dee74 07-09-2015 03:38 PM

Hey Dawn

I remember when my life was kinda ok too...but it wasn't really. Thats just another one of the AV's lies.

I was living a life that I knew was beneath me, and getting worse.
I *knew* I has so much more potential than this...

but the AV kept slapping me down with a 'no you don't even deserve this...' or the ever popular '**** the world...'

Lies, lies and more lies :)

I don't want to see you freezing this winter so...whats the plan?

D

PurpleKnight 07-09-2015 03:55 PM

Hey Dawn!! Great to hear from you!! :)

Venecia 07-09-2015 03:57 PM

Hi, Nuu --

Good to see your name pop up again. I know that like many, I've been wondering how you are. (Just PM'ed, too.)

You have so much to offer the world -- and yourself.

V.

Eddiebuckle 07-09-2015 03:59 PM

Hi Nuu - thanks for touching base. Stay safe, please.

Hevyn 07-09-2015 04:02 PM

As always, great hearing from you Dawn. Please be careful.

nmd 07-09-2015 04:24 PM

Glad you are back :)

Anna 07-09-2015 04:47 PM

It's good to see you Nuudawn.

Soberpotamus 07-09-2015 04:51 PM

It's good to hear from you, Nuudawn. I've been thinking of you :) Missed you around here.

biminiblue 07-09-2015 04:53 PM

Nuu!! *pouncehug*

Good to have you back. You ready to do this thing?

ScottFromWI 07-09-2015 04:58 PM

Welcome back Dawn. Sounds to me like a lot of pretty bad things and not many good ones to be honest. It's fantastic that you came back though, I hope we can help.

Inchworm 07-09-2015 05:24 PM

((((Nuu!)))))

soberclover 07-09-2015 05:47 PM

Wishing you much Peace and Serenity :)

Verte 07-09-2015 06:09 PM

Dear Nuu:) so great to see you. Glad to read that you are at day 4. You did great with your AA community before your move. Is AA camaraderie in your plans?

Hugs to you, friend. So happy to see you.

Olive1 07-09-2015 06:14 PM

Very excited to see your name pop up Nuu!
I always enjoy your presence here.

:)

SoberLeigh 07-09-2015 06:25 PM

Nuuuu. I just 'searched' for you here the other day (maybe yesterday). It's so good to see you.

Are you ready? Let's get this sober show on the road!!!!!

brynn 07-09-2015 06:30 PM

Glad you're back, nuu :hug:

silentrun 07-09-2015 06:40 PM

Welcome back Nuu.