Notices

Just saying "hey"

Old 07-09-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Nuu there is a lot of love and support here, I've missed you and your wonderful posts. SR is always ready to help you back on your feet, I'm putting my hand out to you now.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Nuu...it's so good to hear from you. I've thought of you often. I hope you will join up with us again....
Old 07-09-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It's good to see you back Nuudawn.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

It's great to hear from you, Nuu! Four days sober and posting at SoberRecovery is AWESOME! Why not check in to the 24-Hour Club?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5456912
Old 07-09-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
p***enger

Welcome back, Nuudawn. It sounds like you know what you need but you still want what you're doing. We've all been there.

I'm glad you remembered to come here for help.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:40 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Nuudawn! I have missed you. I am more than six months' sober now. I hope you decide to give sobriety another go soon.

I love kayaking as well.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:07 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You have made my day complete NuuDawn ! So good to hear from you again !

DD
Old 07-10-2015, 03:34 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Nuudawn,
It's good to see you posting again. I have replied to your posts a few times in the past with a copy of your own message because you said some really helpful things and I wanted to keep what you wrote.
You mentioned once that a lot of us have no idea how to live sober. It's like being thrown into a foreign country where none of us understand the language or the culture of the people. You also wrote about sitting in your local dairy cream solarium and how relaxing it was.
I very much hope you get back to where you were my friend. Your words were an inspiration and your posts always got many thanks.
Godspeed.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:26 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Welcome back Nuu. Be careful and I hope you find what you're looking for. Just remember, your AV will lie to you to get you to keep drinking.

There's a reason you are on day 4 right now. Congratulations for that! Only you know what's good for you. You've got to look deep down in you to find your happiness.

I can only speak from my experience, but a sober life is so much more fulfilling in every way than when I was drinking.

Be good to yourself. Glad you are back.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Hiya sistah !

So good to see you here. So so SO good.

So yeah. In regards to the whole "it hasn't been THAT bad, so it must not be that bad, and it was even good.....sometimes" thing. I certainly understand that. I get you. You and I have had that convo a few times when we were both actively drinking. I may have even stupidly encouraged it as a coping mechanism to justify my own crappy behavior towards myself. Ugh. Blech. Not ok. :'(

But, sweet friend of mine, there's nothing "ok" about "falling down drunk", random hook ups, and freezing in the winter.

These words out of you, scare the hell out of me.

I'm so damn proud of you for returning. If even to say, I'm FINE. NO REALLY I AM. NO REALLY. !!! Damn it !!! That right there is you reaching out and saving yourself.

Let's just so this once and for all and git er done, no ?

So happy you came home.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey Nuu - I remember you from my early days on this site. If I remember you had moved to a new location in Canada? You were full of hope and promise. I hope you can regain that and get your life in order... Like AO said, random hookups, falling down drunk and freezing are no way to live and dangerous really. Maybe hang around SR for awhile?
Old 07-10-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

welcome back, friend.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
I just didn't want to...cuz some..and truly only a small percentage was fun.
What would you tell someone who told you, "My boyfriend beats me. He's really really nice sometimes, though."

Take your own advice. You're worth it.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

This song reminded me of us today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9XkdAB2FA4
Old 07-10-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hey
Old 07-10-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I've missed you & your voice so very much. I have nothing more to offer that hasn't already been said. I want this so badly for you but sadly that's not enough.

Like Alpha said, hearing your life now made me so sad. You were so full of hope & promise - even in the midst of life's uncertainties. You can get back there. I believe it with all my heart.

Welcome home, sweetie darling!!

Xoxoxo
Old 07-10-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
orangutan

I have missed your posts , glad you back.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I was living a life that I knew was beneath me, and getting worse.
I *knew* I has so much more potential than this...

but the AV kept slapping me down with a 'no you don't even deserve this...' or the ever popular '**** the world...'

Lies, lies and more lies

I don't want to see you freezing this winter so...whats the plan?

D
It comes as no surprise to me Dee that your words to me ..nailed it..bang on.

How good it was to see so many old friends reply to my post. So good. Those suggesting AA..thank you, not knocking it..but for some reason my particular type of alcoholism finds all kinds of ways in those meetings to find a reason that I can drink..

And sooner or later, a couple of glasses of wine here and there (which I am capable of doing for quite some time) find me a falling down fool sidling up to another man with some sort of addiction or climbing behind a wheel or just generally embarrassing myself and wasting my precious time and resources.

I shouldn't drink. That simple.

Like you say SoberLeigh...I got the sober show going this past Monday. I'm on Day 5. I'm not a big time day counter but with each passing day the resolve strengthens and the light gets brighter to see by.

Thank you all so much...too many familiar names and smiles..wish I could high five or hug ya all.

Please know..I have been happy in so many respects here in my new home. And I do not mean to diminish my problem in any way or make light of drinking... my life is not a shambles...in ways it is far better than its ever been (but it won't be for long in this relapse)..

All I'm trying to say is you don't have to lose everything or define yourself as an alcoholic or get a DUI to know...bone deep know..that you are far better off sober...that life is better. That one doesn't need alcohol for passion and adventure and romance ..and by romance I mean a bigger beautiful life of love and amazement not limited to a love relationship.

I want the cajones to live big without the booze...and that last bit may be perhaps only understood by the self typing.

Thank you.
I'll be round...to check in.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Nuu,
i've been wondering at times how you're doing; if you're alive.
so good to see you here again.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:42 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Grateful

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
It comes as no surprise to me Dee that your words to me ..nailed it..bang on.

How good it was to see so many old friends reply to my post. So good. Those suggesting AA..thank you, not knocking it..but for some reason my particular type of alcoholism finds all kinds of ways in those meetings to find a reason that I can drink..

And sooner or later, a couple of glasses of wine here and there (which I am capable of doing for quite some time) find me a falling down fool sidling up to another man with some sort of addiction or climbing behind a wheel or just generally embarrassing myself and wasting my precious time and resources.

I shouldn't drink. That simple.

Like you say SoberLeigh...I got the sober show going this past Monday. I'm on Day 5. I'm not a big time day counter but with each passing day the resolve strengthens and the light gets brighter to see by.

Thank you all so much...too many familiar names and smiles..wish I could high five or hug ya all.

Please know..I have been happy in so many respects here in my new home. And I do not mean to diminish my problem in any way or make light of drinking... my life is not a shambles...in ways it is far better than its ever been (but it won't be for long in this relapse)..

All I'm trying to say is you don't have to lose everything or define yourself as an alcoholic or get a DUI to know...bone deep know..that you are far better off sober...that life is better. That one doesn't need alcohol for passion and adventure and romance ..and by romance I mean a bigger beautiful life of love and amazement not limited to a love relationship.

I want the cajones to live big without the booze...and that last bit may be perhaps only understood by the self typing.

Thank you.
I'll be round...to check in.
This post sounds encouraging to me Nu! Alcoholism isn't just about bad stuff happening, it's also about missing out on the good stuff. Even when things were going OK in my life while drinking I was missing out on the good stuff because my senses were dulled by the booze.

I got sober in the spring and I remember driving to a meeting and noticing how beautiful all the blooms were. I didn't notice details like that when I was drinking...it was like I was seeing life in HD after I sobered up. Good to see you again.