Notices

**** my life

Old 07-09-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Snooz--you were asking me about AA in the July 13 thread a couple of days ago. Have you ever given it a try? If not, maybe it's time to do so.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Snoozy. I have been reading your threads for awhile now and have been rooting for you the whole time. You seem like a really sweet and caring person and the world has a bit of a shortage of those... so please do whatever it takes to beat this thing, I want to see you win
Old 07-09-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
p***enger

Snoozy

Your daughter loves you. You can do yourself right by asking for whatever help you need to get and stay sober, and then you'll feel like you deserve her love.

I learned that I had to ask for help to get and stay sober. I had to go beyond just not drinking. It's scary but it's the only way. Who are you reaching out to?
Old 07-09-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Snoozy...my heart is breaking for...you.

You CAN be the "ComeBack" you want to be !...how do I know?...because as long as you are here...you has BACKUP !!!

I need you !...and you need us !

DD
Old 07-09-2015, 09:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Oh Snoozy, they DO know. Kids of alcoholics get a sharpened sense of what's normal. You've been sober for a few years, and I reckon they've got used to that, and know immediately when something feels different.

You are in exactly the same place I was just after Christmas, and I've somehow managed to claw my way out again.

It really is possible, but you've got to want it more than anything else. I know you love your girls, and I feel the same way about my daughter, but you've got to want it for you.

I had to pull out all the stops snoozy, and do things that took me right out of my comfort zone. I know we've chatted before, but you know where I am my friend.

Just wanted to say, you CAN do this ❤️ Xx
Old 07-10-2015, 01:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You've gotta hit the brakes, Snoozy. This is life and death stuff. It doesn't matter if you need AA, inpatient rehab or a witch doctor- do something! You know you can quit and you had good sober time before. And you know what you'll lose if you don't.

But remember what you'll gain by stopping again! The respect of your family, your self respect and your healthy.

Don't beat yourself up, but when you get up in the morning you have to start working on a real, concrete plan to beat this.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:38 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
AA member

SnoozyQ,I am so worried about you,you were sober before,you can be again.

People around us always know when we have been drinking,my children always knew,they gave up on me eventually.

You can't do this on your own,reach out and ask for help,for me it had to be AA.

Hugs.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
nmd

That **** can be whatever you want it to be, how about love my life?

I've had a lot of trouble getting back up on my feet again too, but as you know you are surrounded by some wonderful people here. Glad you to see you back. :-)
Old 07-10-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

You are all wonderful. Thanks so much for your input each and every one of you.
I agree , I need more help Ftf probably. I'm more committed than ever.
Life is too short .

It's time xxxx
Old 07-10-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Dear sweet Snoozy; hugs for you.

I am really late to respond to this thread.

I really feel for you; my heart broke, simply broke for you when I read through this thread and your other.

You will get through this, Snooz, and come out stronger on the other side and we will help you.

Spend today in recovery; eat small, simple, healthy meals; drink plenty of water; get fresh air (go for a short walk of sit on a park bench and take in some sun); have a warm bubble bath tonight and try to get to bed early.

Spend tomorrow thinking of ways to expand your toolbox (AA, ftf counseling , investigate RR and AVRT). Stay close to SR.

Be proud of your daughter that she cared enough to question you; that took love and guts.

Both of my parents were alcoholics - my Dad (a truly good man who I don't want to disparage) was more of the binge variety but the binges became more frequent over time. I remember my first realization of his extreme drunkenness as if it was yesterday; it cut like a knife and the burning ache continued for days; I guess it was the end of innocence for me.

My Dad never turned himself around but YOU can; you have already proven that in a strong, courageous and impressive way.

So, as terribly as you are feeling today, welcome to Day 1; it is the hardest day but it is the day the magic begins.

Much love to you, Snooz.