Notices

Belong? Sober Weekender Thread July 9 until...

Old 07-09-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congrats, MLD!! That's great!

Bernie, sounds lovely. I hope things are well for you.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

At 11:00 this morning I will be driving my dad to what I hope will become a new home to him, a very nice dementia care facility. He has been failing for a long time, and in the last month the decline has been dramatic. It is time. Our environment is no longer safe for him.

Every agency we have dealt with along the way--2 hospice care agencies, A Place for Mom, the home health care service (a godsend for the past two days), and the place itself--have been amazingly kind and helpful, and have made things very smooth for us.

Just one last huge hurdle today--getting him there.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am in. I'm on my lunch break and feeling very weary and jaded.
However Thursday evening is my favourite part of the week, plus I have arranged for tomorrow off to get some things done so I won't feel too sorry for myself.

P.S. Good luck Gilmer!
Old 07-09-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I'm in!

Gilmer....I hope everything goes smoothly today. I'll be thinking of y'all this morning.

Tetra...isn't Thursday pizza night? Yum!

I'm still half asleep but wanted to get on the bus early this weekend.

Ken....thanks for all you do for us! I nominate you for Bus Driver of the Year!!
Old 07-09-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

IN. Gonna bust out my chainsaw and get all lumbersexual this weekend. That's where I think I look all kinds of sexy wielding my chainsaw around, but in reality I am just a hot mess.

Enjoy it y'all!
Old 07-09-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It's still pretty early here, and Olive is up and probably excited about the trip to the islands!

MLD, nice to see you and congrats on seven months

Gilmer, I'm sure you will be relieved to have him in a good, safe home. You're a good daughter.

Weas, I think you were the catalyst for my very odd dream last night - I read your last post in the last thread pretty late, just before turning off the computer... [dream] ~ I was on vacay, and hooked up with this gorgeous gay guy who was much younger and of course in my warped dreamy brain, I thought he was the one. I guess my brain is not really okay yet. He was lovely. *sigh* ~

I'm off to the doctor's for a blood draw and then to the zoo today, since the doctor is close to the zoo.

See ya later.

Oh. IN.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Glad everyone is jumping aboard! I have been up since 5am, it is 9am now and little one is still sleeping and I feel like half the day is gone already!
Old 07-09-2015, 05:57 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm in for another sober weekend. Yay!
Hi Stella and hopscotch -
Congratulations mld on 7 months. That's fantastic.
Gilmer. ..I hope your day goes well...must be tough for you. I bet your dad will be in good hands.
weasel, I'd love a good maine lobster roll. You can't get one in new mexico.
well...I've got 2 more work days till the weekend. Although I used to start the drinking part on Thursday. I'm glad that I don't do that anymore. But you are right ken, its not a done deal. ...that's why I stay close to SR.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Weas, I think you were the catalyst for my very odd dream last night - I read your last post in the last thread pretty late, just before turning off the computer... [dream] ~ I was on vacay, and hooked up with this gorgeous gay guy who was much younger and of course in my warped dreamy brain, I thought he was the one. I guess my brain is not really okay yet. He was lovely. *sigh* ~
Glad I could help BiM?!?!

Well then certainly introduce me to this guy. We can see who he likes? Maybe for once I would have the "home court advantage"?
Old 07-09-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm in. Enjoying a nice southern California morning.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Glad I could help BiM?!?!

Well then certainly introduce me to this guy. We can see who he likes? Maybe for once I would have the "home court advantage"?

Amazing how the subconscious comes up with little tidbits of whatever I think about and makes them into some acid-flash moving picture.

His name was Brad. He was blonde? I have more details, but this is a PG13 forum. I'll try to telepathically send him to your dream tonight. Best I can do.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post

Amazing how the subconscious comes up with little tidbits of whatever i think about and makes them into some acid-flash moving picture.

His name was brad. He was blonde? I have more details, but this is a pg13 forum. I'll try to telepathically send him to your dream tonight. Best i can do.
lol!
Old 07-09-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I wanted to riff off Weasel's OP...

Every day I come here and when I log in there are (for instance today) - 56 registered members online and 227 guests. That's a lot of lurkers. I understand lurking, especially on a site like this. It's a sensitive subject and it beats us down when we are under the influence.

I've always been chatty, and in real life your eyes might glaze over after a few hours with me, since I will talk about any subject - social anxiety has never been one of my problems - I think I suffer from the opposite. So, it's easy for me to type out my thoughts and hit, "Post Quick Reply."

I'm not particularly thin skinned, especially on forums. I mean, we aren't even real, right? I don't worry about saying the wrong thing nor do I worry about someone taking offense. (I do have a problems leaving well enough alone, though - thank you, "edit" feature.)

I've seen many posters with a few posts who say, "Don't know what to say," or something similar. I understand that. But I'd just like to say, posting is so therapeutic. This is the kindest and gentlest of forums, and the site administrators and moderators do a very good job of looking out for any problems. So if you're lurking and haven't joined in yet - this is your invitation.

tl;dr

It works if you try it. Keep reading, and welcome.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Here ya go, Bim [and Weas]...

Bass playin' acquaintance Mark Andes. Son of '50s Actor Keith Andes. In Bands like 'Spirit'. 'Jo Jo Gunne'. 'Firefall'. 'Heart'. About 6'5" in Boots with his Hair all Gelled up. I met 'Firefall' while renting them P.A. Equipment for Rehearsal. A very nice, unassuming Dude...

He's got some funny Stories about Ann Wilson of 'Heart' hitting on him while on the Road. Married Guy that he was, he passed. He's now happily part of the whole Austin TX Music Scene...

- 'I Got A Line On You' ~ Spirit ~ Live -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Mark Andes.jpg (87.3 KB, 73 views)
Old 07-09-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I find it very hard sometimes to keep ploughing through.
I applied for a job which I would have really liked, just got the usual e-mail "due to the large volume of applications blah blah blah".
You would think I would be used to it by now but I'm not.

I need a better paid job so I can finally move out of my Grandma's and into a place of my own. That's my goal.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Count me in for another sober weekend!
Old 07-09-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Mesa, that was a great video! Crank it up!

How many guys were on stage in that? Like 15? Great energy. Thanks for that.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hopping aboard soberenders,

Greetings one and all. Good to see you all again on our merry little bus of amazing, special, and inspirational people.

Myself and Mrs B plan on getting out of dodge this weekend for a trip to my home town. Things get a little "crazy" at this time of year on the part of the island where we currently live: everything shuts down, potential traffic jams, big fires, racial tension, potential civil disorder, lots of alcohol abuse.

I have lived here for so long, I barely pay attention to it now, but re-reading what I have just typed, I can't help but be struck by the strangeness of it all. So I try to minimise Mrs B exposure to all that stuff. In the long term, I really want us to move somewhere else!

B
Old 07-09-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I'm on for another weekend of sobriety. 9 weeks today so this is weekend #10. Talk to you all later!
Old 07-09-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Something to brighten your day...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rainbow poop.jpg (86.3 KB, 53 views)