Notices

Belong? Sober Weekender Thread July 9 until...

Old 07-11-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Tetra, omg - that sounds awful. So sorry that happened. I do hope you are going to be ok.

Mesa, our good friend has the '14 Titanium EcoBoost. It suits him. He travels for his sales job, and all the tech stuff inside comes in handy for him. He "talks" to his computer and it does what he says, lol.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Hope everyone is having a nice weekend really hot in London
Rubbish up North!
Old 07-11-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Best pizza in New York? Any suggestions welcome. Thin or thick crust...which is traditional?
The best pizza? New York pizza tends to be thin and big but not a thin crust. You fold and suck up the cheese and oil and sauce at the tip and that, for me, is the best bite of heaven!!!!!

I always got my pizza in Greenwich village and sat on the sidewalk and watched people. I even did that in the rain a bunch of times. New York makes me feel free!!! So miss it!

Have fun on the trip!
Old 07-11-2015, 11:53 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I don't think I posted about it. I got there kinda late and a lot of the critters were sleeping.

There is a woman who brings watercolors to entertain the one female orangutan who is the love of everyones' lives. The orang is named Mulottey [sp] - and the artist lady sat there for over an hour painting for Mulottey. I got there just as she was finishing. Mulottey "knows" me and lots of other regular zoo visitors, and will come over to us to interact. It's pretty special. That was my zoo moment for Thursday. Mulottey coming to the glass and gesturing to me - looking me in the eyes.
Simply awesome BiM!
Old 07-11-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Just got a Bomb Pop from the ice cream man! To me the red, white and blue Bomb Pop is the quintessential summer treat, followed closely by the banana and fudge Bomb Pop and snow cones!! Life is good!
Old 07-11-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Just wanted to call out Sao... I wanted that salad so bad! Keep posting London pics. You show a side I find very interesting. Thanks!

Hot car and hot chick there MM! Love the price is right pose!

Hang in there Tetra!

Good to see everyone!

So I went and go a huge sweet Italian sausage ring. Red, orange, yellow and green peppers, sweet vadalia onions and fish garlic.... Oh yeah baby... Slow cook me and sweeten them up. A touch of broth to reduce into a sauce. Take a bunch to Tommy and the gang. I cannot eat 3lbs of that stuff.... We'll maybe...

At 13.5 miles. Hot hot hot. Like 85! Lol so will wait until sunset to go get more steps. If I do.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Saturday check in!!!!

For the newest on the bus or anyone who just wants to get the chance to say hello and jump in. Now is a great time!!!

Ken
Old 07-11-2015, 12:03 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Just got a Bomb Pop from the ice cream man! To me the red, white and blue Bomb Pop is the quintessential summer treat, followed closely by the banana and fudge Bomb Pop and snow cones!! Life is good!
You said it sista!!!

I always got the chocolate eclair from the trucks. But i know just the pop you are talking about!!!
Old 07-11-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
The best pizza? New York pizza tends to be thin and big but not a thin crust. You fold and suck up the cheese and oil and sauce at the tip and that, for me, is the best bite of heaven!!!!!

I always got my pizza in Greenwich village and sat on the sidewalk and watched people. I even did that in the rain a bunch of times. New York makes me feel free!!! So miss it!

Have fun on the trip!
Ok Weasel, I'm here...so how does one get to the pizza? Ha, I've got a crash course in NYC logistics on the agenda. Wow, this place is something. Using the car horn is quite popular I've noticed!

Last edited by Mark1014; 07-11-2015 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Those red, white and blue ones were my favorite
Old 07-11-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
So I went and go a huge sweet Italian sausage ring. Red, orange, yellow and green peppers, sweet vadalia onions and fish garlic.... Oh yeah baby... Slow cook me and sweeten them up. A touch of broth to reduce into a sauce.
Sounds delicious, Weasel. I love sausage, peppers and onions. So does my husband.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Ok Weasel, I'm here...so how does one get to the pizza? Ha, I've got a crash course in NYC logistics on the agenda. Wow, this place is something. Using the car horn is quite popular I've noticed!
I was driving in NYC when I was 18. I love it. No rules. Just don't hit anything. Or block the box!

Get out and have fun. You will get around easy. Walk as much as you can. You won't get bored!

Keep us posted on what you find interesting and what you experience. Will be cool to hear what you think.

I used to work at 50th and 6th. I was a young buck back then. HA!

K
Old 07-11-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

My heals have a few blisters. I will forego the record pace for the long term use of my feet. I could have made it but why? Now that I know the pace and the route when the cooler fall weather comes I can make a killing and hit new personal achievements.

Always good to set things for myself. Helps me focus.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thanks Brynn - learn new stuff on this thread all the time - I now know what a Bomb Pop is (UK equivalent is called a Zoom.

The food festival was fun Weasel, would have liked more time there but I enjoy a bit of tennis

Sorry to hear the weather not so great in Ireland and up north
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150711_203745.jpg (36.0 KB, 39 views)
Old 07-11-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I havn't had one for years

Last edited by saoutchik; 07-11-2015 at 12:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-11-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Checking in . Sorry about the burn Tetra. I am also part of the clumsy club!

Nicest day of the year so far, and we are stuck inside as son is burned. We have been smothering in cooling gel, but he refuses to wear a t shirt because it hurts, so inside time. He is currently building a blanket fort and trying to convince the cats inside.

Told you all last week my son and I are pale vampires! He was not in the sun long, and was wearing sun block! Hopefully it means he will be a bit prepared for Florida!
Old 07-11-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
...holds the key

The food festival sounds good, Sao! I've never seen a bomb pop with those colors...wonder if we have that here?

Ken....I feel like such a slug after hearing about your dozen miles and blisters! The most exercise I've gotten today is walking to the ice cream truck! Ha!
Old 07-11-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Aww poor little guy! Sorry about your son, LA!
Old 07-11-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Tetra, I'm sorry you got burned. I did that myself once or twice. Best to keep it cool.

It was warm earlier and now it's raining. Don't know what we'll do now. We were going to a night baseball game with fireworks after but in the rain? Not sure.

Zipped from daughter's gymnastics class to get my front tire fixed. There was a screw in it. They did it for free!!! I'm all about free. Stopped at my parents and left the kids there after visiting. Saw a hummingbird and a bright yellow finch in their yard. Stopped and got my oil changed in the car after. Whacked back the jungle of weeds in back of my garage and now it's raining. Whew. I may go pull some weeds in the rain. Easier that way.

Nice car Mesa. White seems to be the color of choice lately. Reminds me I have to wash my not so white at the moment car.

I'll check back.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

MMmmmm salad. I have a craving for salad. And ribs. I need to go to Ruby Tuesday.