Notices

Day 8

Old 07-08-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8

Day 8 already! The hardest part is over it seems, although for me it was mild to begin with.

Sweating is back to normal. I feel great physically. Pretty tired mentally still though and a bit like I'm living in a haze. But my mind is clearing up gradually.

Today I had a craving but I ignored it. Later on I realized that it had gone away without me noticing it.

My sleep is very good and deep, but strangely long. I still sleep 11-13 hours a night. Lots of dreams. I've read that alcohol messes with your sleep quality, and it feels like my brain is busy processing stuff that never got properly processed because of the drinking.

It doesn't bother me though. I just go to bed early. And the dreams are sometimes nightmares, but mostly filled with all sorts of random things. Pretty vivid, but I like that to begin with. And it doesn't wake me up.

I guess it's a good thing. A part of recovery.

I'm never doing this to my brain again though. Even now I'm aware how dazed I am compared to what it used to be like before I started drinking.

Btw, from now on, I don't think I'll be posting daily anymore. That doesn't mean something went wrong. It's just that it helped me to get through this initial phase but I'm noticing that I don't need it as much anymore. And I feel like doing a lot of things that I'd rather spend my time on. Like learning a new language. Which btw is said to be good for your brain, so it'd be perfect to aid recovery.

I'll post every once in a while and when I feel like I need it. It's so wonderful that this forum is here because it really helps.

Thanks to everyone so far!
Old 07-08-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you and congratulations on eight days. I wish many more.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Jerry!! Day 8 is fantastic!!
Old 07-08-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Yes congratulations on 8 days Jerry

Good luck
Old 07-08-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Great job Jerry, don't be a stranger though recovery takes a long long time.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sva777 View Post
Great job Jerry, don't be a stranger though recovery takes a long long time.
I'll be around.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by JerryFish View Post
Btw, from now on, I don't think I'll be posting daily anymore. That doesn't mean something went wrong. It's just that it helped me to get through this initial phase but I'm noticing that I don't need it as much anymore. And I feel like doing a lot of things that I'd rather spend my time on. Like learning a new language. Which btw is said to be good for your brain, so it'd be perfect to aid recovery.

I'll post every once in a while and when I feel like I need it. It's so wonderful that this forum is here because it really helps.

Thanks to everyone so far!
Congrats on day 8 but I hope you change your mind on not posting daily. To me, that sounds like your addiction talking. "This is helping you not drink so you need to stop doing that."

You don't have to start a new thread each and every day, but I'd post somewhere--add to this thread or on the Class of July thread. It's a good healthy habit to get into and helps build your sobriety and accountability muscles. How much time does it take to log in on here and post one paragraph? Two or three minutes tops?

Wishing you the best today.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Congrats on day 8 but I hope you change your mind on not posting daily. To me, that sounds like your addiction talking. "This is helping you not drink so you need to stop doing that."

You don't have to start a new thread each and every day, but I'd post somewhere--add to this thread or on the Class of July thread. It's a good healthy habit to get into and helps build your sobriety and accountability muscles. How much time does it take to log in on here and post one paragraph? Two or three minutes tops?

Wishing you the best today.
I don't feel it as my addiction talking. It felt more like posting every other day or so seemed to fit best at this point. And I do log in far more than I post, so I am staying involved.

Thanks for the concern though. Wishing you the best today as well!