Notices

Holiday Edition Stay sober Weekender July4 Pt 2

Old 07-07-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Brynn did finding said easter candy involve the space between the couch and cushion?
Old 07-07-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It's my night for fauna. Five of em and one big mama were between me and the alley
Old 07-07-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Cool Ruby!
Old 07-07-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I like the glowing pairs of eyes. Furry Christmas lights
Old 07-07-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Wow, the animal photos are amazing, ruby. I love the racoon in the tree with shining eyes.
Old candy? Stale peeps are the BEST! They get a little crunchy.
Good for you, della, for finally making shotgun. You must be pleased.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

That's a great photo, Ruby. All those little faces!

We have raccoons here that scare the bejeebus out of me - they are huge, and they travel in packs.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Raccoons scare me too Ruby! We get them all around the yard. A few weeks ago I was on the porch and saw a coyote run down the driveway. Apparently our yard is the cut through from the creek to the woods across the street. Startling!

For the record....the reject chocolate bunnies were part of an Easter basket my soon-to-be-ex SIL gave me. They were those waxy foil covered Palmers brand (That should tell you how desperate I was). Oh......and they were in a Tupperware (which I had kinda forgotten about). My OCD would never allow for such things as chocolate bunnies in the couch.

Edit to say that Della is like on her third shotgun, HAF! She's becoming the shotgun queen !!
Old 07-07-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

hello weekendlessers,
Can someone please tell me what's the big attraction and why do people have to spend money to go out on a boat and circle an island to "watch" puffins?
Or the double header whale AND puffin cruise. I tried to find out on google what's the big ******* deal, but all I found was links to reserve a trip.

I can't see spending a dime to go on a boat ride just to see some tricked out seagulls. OH! Seagulls mated with toucan sam. And I absolutely refuse to get on a boat to harass whales. I think this activity should be outlawed. And I told the wife that. I'd rather drive to Provincetown for that show than pay money to see some birds. But I get it. It's just that Mrs Short Notice Vacation Requester wants to do a whole month of activities in 4 days. And every time she looks on the internet she wants to do that too.

Sorry I missed 500 on the other thread. A well deserved 500th post by weasel. And 501... good thing Dee stopped him or who knows...
Old 07-07-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

rocky racoon, checked into his room, only to find Bimini...

Lakewood woman attacked by pack of raccoons and undergoing rabies treatment | The Today File | Seattle Times
Old 07-07-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Wowza della...I thought this was your first shotgun. Thanks brynn for letting me know that she's an old pro at it.
tomorrow I make 17 months....don't know why I feel I'm still hanging on with my fingernails. I even told some friends I will not be meeting them in Las Vegas next month. Too risky. I suppose I should write a new thread about this. I still feel real insecure.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:07 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I dunno HaF, I've got 19 months and I still feel like I'm hanging on by my fingertips at times. I wouldn't be doing Vegas either. It's been even harder the past month. I think it's summer. A giant CONGRATS on 17 months! We'll do this!

All six of the raccoons were standing in a cluster on the sidewalk when I swung out the gate to take the garbage to the alley. A pack, waiting to pounce. Not really. I was more worried about the squirrel. He's getting very bold. I thought it was going to try to run up my leg. Or leap on me. Not the first time for the squirrel. Glad the moose wasn't with him.

Ok. Bed time. I'll see you all in the morning. Brynn, I was waiting for the coyotes and the deer to pop out. I live a block from two large cemeteries. I saw a fawn a couple of summers ago. I think they hang out there.
Oh, and Brain, take a deep breath. You sound like you're ready to smack people. Puffins are cool. The cruises support the local economy. It's all zen.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:06 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I guard my sobriety with a passion , not going to vegas sounds like a perfectly reasonable thing to do . It has the reputation of being an excessive place and these days i prefer to be more moderate .

I don't feel like i'm hanging on by my fingernails , i have peace and contentment but i watch for anything that pulls that equilibrium off balance , pre-empting those things that would lead me down the path towards an emotional state where drinking might seem like a viable option .
The less often i find myself asking myself "to drink or not to drink" , which i hardly ever do , the better as far as i'm concerned .

Regards , m
Old 07-07-2015, 10:24 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Excellent photos Ruby - love the reflecting eyes

Glad your dad is OK Bliss

Damp and rainy thus morning, turned ankle while jogging, nothing major just an inconvenience.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I won't forgot all the little people.

Great pics Ruby!

HAF congrats on the sober time! You all are very inspiring to me.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:43 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post

I like the glowing pairs of eyes. Furry Christmas lights
Um. Ruby. RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW... The second one from the top has a light out!!!!!
Old 07-08-2015, 02:49 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Getting ready for work and you all just set the day so nicely. Thanks. Reading this thread was a hoot!

Off to work I goeszzzzzzzzzzzz........ ZOOM!
Old 07-08-2015, 03:23 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Candy never goes bad
She did. Oh, yeah, she did.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Flying out to teach the company that bought our company how to sell our product's best. Kind of an emotional time. No drinking, no way.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
She did. Oh, yeah, she did.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Morning all...sorry not been keeping up, I have been busy this week trying to organize for Florida vacation and subsequent return of parents to my place.

Otherwise all is quiet at this end.

We have deer here, everywhere. They come right up to the sliding doors to torment the cats. The last few weeks there has been a deer that stands on the verge right outside, so I see people slowing down scared it is going to make a run across the road - I think the deer is just trying to be a pain!

In the UK way back when, I got a job with a company car, sold my car and driving home (Norfolk) a deer ran into my sold car and took out the front end! So, I do not trust deer!